If you are looking for the best wireless headset to use with your landline phone, then this article is for you. We compiled a list of 8 different headsets that will work best with your landline phone system. These headsets can be used at home or in an office environment and come in both wired and wireless options!
Here Are The Top 3 Wireless Headsets for Landline Phone To Check At A Glance If You Are In A Hurry:
Top 8 Best Wireless Headsets for Landline Phone Reviewed
Buying Guide For The Best Wireless Headsets for Landline Phone
1. Wireless Headsets Come with Hidden Costs
There’s the initial purchase price of course, but what most people don’t think about when buying a wireless headset is that even though you don’t have to pay for a monthly landline telephone service plan, you will still need to pay for electricity. Unless your wireless headset is rechargeable, and most of them aren’t, you’re going to be spending money every month on batteries. If you talk for one hour a day on average, let’s say five days a week, that works out to over $3 per week in battery costs alone.
2. Wireless Headsets are not as Flexible as Corded Cordless Phones
The cordless phone was invented decades before wireless headsets were first introduced, so it makes sense that the cordless phone has more features than its wireless counterpart. The ability to simply put the base station down the hall or even into another room, while still maintaining a connection with the headset is one feature that makes cordless phones more flexible than wireless headsets. With wireless headsets, you are limited to wherever your base station is located.
3. Wireless Headsets are Not Secure
We all know how frustrating it can be when we’re on a call and someone picks up our phone to make a call before we do. They hear both sides of the conversation, so obviously they have access to whatever information is being discussed during the normal course of business conversations. When using cordless or wireless technology for telecommunication this kind of interruption cannot occur since these devices do not offer privacy between parties on the same line, something standard landline phones do offer even when cellular service goes down. This is why cordless and wireless phone technology is not recommended for business use.
4. Wireless Headsets Have Limited Range
There are different types of wireless technology, but the type that most cordless telephones and headsets rely on is called DECT 6.0 technology which has a maximum range of 300 feet (100 meters). If your office is smaller than this you will be able to make and receive calls without any interruption. But if it’s larger it might be necessary to invest in several base stations, which brings us back to our earlier point about cords; we all know how frustrating it can be when your telephone rings and you’re nowhere near the base station. As mentioned earlier, cordless/wireless systems can also suffer from dropped calls due to interference from objects such as walls and elevator shafts which traditional cordless systems cannot.
5. Wireless Headsets are Not a Replacement for Landline Phones
A wireless headset is not a replacement for a landline phone system, but you can use it in conjunction with one, just like many people do to avoid the cords associated with smartphones when in the office or at home. A wireless headset would be best used in situations where you need your hands free while communicating, such as when driving between sites, cooking dinner, running on the treadmill, etc., so if this describes how you’d want to use your wireless headset then go ahead and get one. But if you’re looking for better sound quality than what can be achieved through corded phones, or if you don’t have a landline telephone at all, then a wireless headset should not be your first choice.
3 Benefits Of Wireless Headsets for Landline Phone
1. They are completely wireless, saving you time by not having to search for a cable each time you need to make or answer a call. You can easily walk all through your house, even the garden if you have one without being restricted.
2. Most of them are very discreet and hardly noticeable once they are on your ears. Many agree that is especially useful when their family members are making comments about it publicly, then they just take them off and put them away into the charging case so no one will notice anything anymore. That’s if they would work in public anyway… Some models let you hear everything around you, others block most of the surrounding noises so that is less frightening when taking calls in crowded places.
3. They are affordable compared to other smart gadgets, you can easily buy them for around 50$. And the hold time is also long enough, up to 8 hours talk time or 10 days standby. You do not have to constantly recharge it which is really great if you hold multiple jobs that require constant communication and coordination with your team members. It’s a real timesaver!
In this post, we have discussed the best wireless headsets for landline phones. There are many options that you can choose from and they all offer something different in terms of features and price points. We hope that our list has been helpful to those who are looking for a new headset! Let us know which one is your favorite by commenting below.