If you are tired of dealing with cable or satellite TV, then it is time to explore your best options for an indoor antenna. These antennas will allow you to watch the best programming without having to deal with any installation hassles! This blog post will list the best 10 antennas that are perfect for apartments and other smaller homes.
Here Are The Top 3 Indoor Antennas for apartments To Check At A Glance If You Are In A Hurry:
Top 10 Best Indoor Antennas for apartments Reviewed
The SureCall Flare is the most powerful cell phone signal booster with simplified install for small homes. Indoor coverage area will vary based on available outdoor signal strength: 1-2 bars. The SureCall Flare kit includes everything you need to boost your indoor cell phone reception and eliminate dropped calls, including a high gain antenna, amplifier, and power supply. The kit also includes an AC wall adapter and cable so you can begin boosting your signal right out of the box.
The TERK Omni-Directional Amplified Indoor Antenna is the best way to improve your AM/FM reception. The 15 dB gain of this indoor antenna will dramatically improve weak signal reception for local news, weather, school closings, and emergencies. This is a great addition to any home or office looking to save on energy costs by using less electricity with its built-in amplifier.
The Freedom Frag HDTV Antenna is a high-gain digital TV antenna, which can help you enjoy the news, sitcoms, kids, and sports programs for free. It has a high gain and low error rate digital TV signal reception, and a significant signal enhancement in actual use. Increase the reception of TV programs, and eliminate the pause of the mosaic images. With compatible high gain TV antennae, u can enjoy all of the news, sitcoms, kids, and sports programs for free!
The best HDTV antenna is here! The NEWEST & UPGRADED version of this product is now available to order. This ANTENNA has been upgraded with the most advanced CleanPeak Filter technology, which makes it so easy to hook up and get the best signal around your home.
The TV antenna is an excellent tool to receive free HD local channels. The amplified HDTV antenna comes with a signal booster that amplifies the signal transmitted by the TV station, so you can enjoy more channels for your entertainment.
This Digital HDTV Antenna is the perfect solution for those who want to cut the cord and still enjoy their favorite TV shows. This high-performance antenna can receive signals from any direction with no extra power source required, making it easy to watch your favorite programs on your smart TVs. The 360-degree reception offers a crystal clear picture whether you attach it to your TV stand or wall. Setup is easy with the magnetic base that attaches anywhere on your TV set without damaging its surface.
This Digital HDTV Antenna is the perfect solution for those who want to cut the cord and still enjoy their favorite TV shows. This high-performance antenna can receive signals from any direction with no extra power source required, making it easy to watch your favorite programs on your smart TVs. The 360-degree reception offers a crystal clear picture whether you attach it to your TV stand or wall. Setup is easy with the magnetic base that attaches anywhere on your TV set without damaging its surface. Enjoy all of this convenience at an affordable price today!
The RCA ANT111E Indoor HDTV Antenna is the perfect choice for receiving over-the-air broadcasts in high definition. This antenna can be placed near a window or on a wall to receive local channels that are broadcasted in digital and/or analog formats. The ANT111E includes an integrated loop for digital and analog channels 14-69, dipoles extend and adjust for digital and analog channels 2-13, no-scuff pads protect your furniture’s surface.
The HDTV Antenna is the ultimate streaming device. Never pay a monthly bill again and watch all your favorite TV shows in crystal clear HD! The antenna features a high-performance amplifier that amplifies both digital and analog signals to ensure you have a steady stream of free TV. See for yourself why so many people are ditching cable and going back to over-the-air programming!
The Philips Modern Loop Rabbit Ears Indoor TV Antenna is the best indoor TV antenna for HDTV. It has superior reception of up to a 30-mile range for both VHF and UHF signals, receiving uncompressed 1080p signals, and is 4K ready. This rabbit ears TV antenna provides free local TV for all your favorite channels, including ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Fox, CW, and Univision.
Buying Guide For The Best Indoor Antennas for apartments
1. Start with an AntennaFinder map. Plugin your address and check out which broadcast towers are closest to you, along with their direction from your home. This will be a huge determiner of which antennas you should consider purchasing. You can also use the DTV Reception Maps if AntennaFinder isn’t loading correctly. There is where I snagged most of my screenshots from below, so I highly recommend that as another option as well. Keep in mind that these maps will only take into account towers within range of your location not the strength of those signals.
2. Determine how many TVs you want to run off a single antenna. Generally, antennas are rated by how many “TV sets” they can support from one location. This is actually a bit misleading since most antennas have multiple cables coming from them and only work with 1 TV per cable. In my case, I plan on using an amplifier so I’ll be able to run both my living room and bedroom TVs off the same antenna (since they’re less than 100ft apart). If you don’t need or plan on getting an amplifier, then this question doesn’t matter as much for your needs but it’s still something important to consider if you’re buying more than one antenna anyway!
3. Keep an eye out for any known issues or customer complaints with specific brands or models. You can also keep an eye on Amazon reviews and such if you’re having a hard time finding any negative things about a particular antenna.
4. Don’t forget to take your own personal needs into account! Some people might be limited by thick/insulated walls, which can make it harder to pick up enough signal (even with a really strong antenna). If you live in an area where towers are far away (such as rural Vermont), some antennas may not have the ability to pick up enough channels at all.
5. Antenna power ratings are very important, but look for other factors as well! A lot of specs will mention how many “favorable” channels an antenna can pick up, but this number probably isn’t that important when looking at antennas for apartment use. Instead, look for “dB gain”, which is a pretty accurate representation of how strong any given signal is coming into the antenna. The higher the number (anything over 10), the better. Keep in mind that you may still need an amplifier even with high dB gain numbers.
3 Benefits Of Indoor Antennas for apartments
1. Indoor Antennas allow you to connect multiple wi-fi enabled devices simultaneously
Most computers and smartphones only have one wired connection in the back for a network cable which can be plugged into a router or switch (hub). However, you could install as many different types of wireless cards as you want inside your computer to wirelessly connect as many wireless (wi-fi) enabled devices as you want such as tablets, smartphones, game consoles, e-readers, etc.
2. Indoor Antennas are easy to install without calling a professional electrician
This doesn’t mean it will take you 2 minutes. While indoor antennas are simple enough for most people to install, we do recommend hiring a professional electrician to help. It may cost you $75 – $150 but it is worth the money and peace of mind that your installer knows what they are doing so your antenna will work properly and not catch fire.
3. Indoor Antennas help make your wireless connection more stable and reliable
Out of all the good things about using an indoor antenna, this benefit is definitely the most important. We’ve already established that most modern homes and apartments have multiple devices like smartphones, tablets, computers, etc., but typically only one wired connection for each device (at least in each room). The number of devices that require internet connectivity is growing exponentially but our ability to provide internet coverage has not kept up with demand because routers were designed to broadcast wi-fi within a small radius around them (in rooms where the router is located).
The Bottom Line
We hope this list has been helpful and will help you find the best antenna for your needs. In any of these cases, we’ve found that it is easy to install an indoor antenna with a coaxial cable from one of our top 10 antennas without needing professional assistance.