Roku is a company best known for its streaming media players. The best of these, the Roku 3, has been reviewed extensively and found to be quite good. Now it’s time to take a look at an accessory that can help you get even more out of your Roku: the best Roku ethernet adapter! In this article, we will show you how to choose the best one and which models are worth considering.
Are You Searching For The Roku Ethernet Adapter Within A Short Time, Then The Table Is For You:
10 Best Roku Ethernet Adapter Reviewed
- Roku Express delivers fast HD streaming at an incredible price
- The included composite cable connects directly to your TV
- Use the included USB power cable and HDMI cable (sold separately) for connection to a compatible high-definition television or another display device with HDMI input.
- Instant access to a world of entertainment
The Roku Express is the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. It delivers fast HD streaming at an incredible price. For just $39.99, you get instant access to a world of entertainment. Use the included composite cable to connect directly to your TV or use the included USB power cable and HDMI cable (sold separately) for connection to a compatible high-definition television or another display device with HDMI input.
- Connects your home network to its first Gigabit port
- A new generation of award-winning Devolo dLAN technology
- Reliable signal over existing electrical wiring, up to 2000 Mbps*
- Connect previously unreachable rooms or extend your network
The Devolo Magic 2 is the perfect solution for connecting your home network to its first Gigabit port. The new generation of the award-winning Devolo dLAN technology provides a reliable signal over existing electrical wiring, up to 2000 Mbps*. This means that you can connect your most important devices directly via the mains socket, without needing an additional switch. Connect previously unreachable rooms or extend your network with this starter kit.
- Simple and easy way to expand your wired internet connection
- Connects an Ethernet cable directly into the back of your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
- Supports full-duplex mode at 10/100 Mbps and half-duplex mode at 480 Mbps
- The adapter will automatically detect the speed of your network and switch between modes without dropping connections
- Enjoy uninterrupted streaming
- Includes a one-year limited warranty
The Fire TV Ethernet Adapter is a simple and easy way to expand your wired internet connection for faster, more stable internet access. This adapter allows you to connect an Ethernet cable directly into the back of your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. It supports full-duplex mode at 10/100 Mbps and half-duplex mode at 480 Mbps. The adapter will automatically detect the speed of your network and switch between modes without dropping connections so you can enjoy uninterrupted streaming.
- Add wired 10/100 Ethernet network capability to a Windows computer via USB
- Simple and easy to use no drivers required for Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7, or Vista
- Compatible with all major operating systems
- LEDs indicate activity on both the Ethernet cable and USB connection
Plugable’s USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Network Adapter offers a simple, cost-effective way to add wired network connectivity to your Windows laptop or desktop computer via an available USB port.
The Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet adapter is compatible with all modern versions of Microsoft Windows including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP (with an existing internet connection).
- Supports 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Compatible with USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices
- Easy to use no drivers required
- Plug and play
- Compact and lightweight
- Portable design for easy carrying
- 1-year warranty
USB C to Ethernet Adapter, 1Gbps USB C to RJ45 Network Adapter. Plug & Play builds a wired connection between USB C devices and networks. Sets a stable Gigabit Ethernet connection when you get into weak network trouble. Support large downloads without interruption.
- Simple, Plug-and-Play Operation
- Bus Powered Requires No External Power Adapter
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Supports 10/100/1000 Ethernet Networks
- Drivers for Both 32-bit and 64-bit Platforms
- Compact Design for Easy Portability
The Plugable USB3-E1000 is a simple to use, high-performance Gigabit Ethernet adapter for computers with available USB 3.0 ports. It makes an excellent replacement for older 10/100 ethernet adapters or can be used to add network connectivity to newer systems lacking built-in ethernet ports. The E1000 is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X (10.7+), and Linux operating systems, and features drivers for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
- Easy to install and use
- Supports OTG and data transfer
- Compatible with Fire TV Cube, Fire Stick, Fire TV 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, and 3rd Gen
- Contains 3 USB 2.0 ports and one RJ-45 port
The cable to Ethernet Adapter for Alexa TV Cube is the best LAN adapter. It can connect your Fire TV Cube, Fire Stick, Fire TV 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, and 3rd Gen to your router via an Ethernet cable. It contains 3 USB 2.0 ports and one RJ-45 port; supports OTG and data transfer can connect mouse and keyboard, USB flash disk, SSD, card reader, etc.
- Add an Ethernet port to any computer with a spare USB port
- Supports up to gigabit speeds over CAT5e/CAT6 cabling
- USB 3.0 for fast and reliable connections
- Windows and Mac compatible
This USB 3.0 to Ethernet Adapter is the best choice for expanding your computer’s connectivity. It allows you to connect a network cable, so you can access an Ethernet network or Internet connection directly through your computer’s USB port. This adapter will let you add networking capabilities to any laptop or desktop computer that has a spare USB port, and it supports up to gigabit speeds over CAT5e/CAT6 cabling.
- Add an RJ45 Ethernet port to your USB 3.0-enabled PC or laptop, with support for Gigabit networks
- Experience lightning-fast transfer speeds of up to 1000Mbps 10x faster than Fast Ethernet
- Simple and easy to use no drivers or software installation required
- Compatible with all major operating systems including Windows, MacOS, and Linux
The StarTech.com USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter adds an RJ45 port to your USB-enabled computer delivering a connection to Gigabit Ethernet networks. With the addition of a network adapter, you can easily connect your computers and other devices to existing wired networks with transfer speeds of up to 1000Mbps – 10 times faster than Fast Ethernet.
- Plug and play
- Compatible with any USB Type C port
- Connects devices directly to LAN network
- Stable connection speeds of up to 1Gbps
- Downward compatible with 100Mbps/10Mbps/1Mbps
The Khombu USB-C to Ethernet Adapter is a plug-and-play device that allows you to connect your USB-C-enabled devices to an ethernet network. This device is compatible with any host computer or laptop that has a USB Type C port. You can then use the adapter to connect your devices directly into the LAN network, bypassing wireless networks. The Khombu USB-C Ethernet Adapter provides stable connection speeds of up to 1 Gbps, downward compatible with 100Mbps/10Mbps/1Mbps.
5 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Roku Ethernet Adapter
1. Type of the TV Connection
What type of connection does your TV have? If it has a common connection, then you can choose a passive adapter. But if it doesn’t have a common connection, then you’ll need an active one.
2. The distance from your router
How far is the place where you intend to connect from the Wi-Fi hotspot? In case your house is pretty big and its signal strength is weak in some rooms, then get the power adapter with extra range for better performance.
3. Wireless interference
Does there exist any wireless interference around your home or office space while using the WiFi network? If so, then you may need to buy the power adapter with extra range.
4. The speed of your internet connection.
How fast is the WiFi network that you are using for streaming channels? If it’s not fast enough, then choose a Roku Ethernet Adapter which has better performance.
5. Your budget
Depending on how much money you are willing to spend on buying a Roku Ethernet Adapter, there are different types available in the market at different prices.
3 Advantages Of Roku Ethernet Adapter
1. Improves picture quality and sound clarity
Your entertainment experience is dependent on fast internet speeds, so if your connection starts dropping frequently, then the video playback might suffer and you could start seeing pixels and blurring in both videos and images
This usually results in buffering, which is frustrating to the user. Doing full HD video over WiFi should not be a problem if your internet speed is at least 3 Mbps for 720p or 5 Mbps for 1080p resolution. But if you are using an older Roku 1, then make sure to use the Ethernet adapter because it may start lagging on higher resolutions if you do not have that additional support from an Ethernet adapter.
The advantage of doing this via Ethernet as opposed to WiFi is that there does not need to be as many hops between the router and Roku device, which means less latency and more responsiveness. For those with slow Internet speeds now, having a buffer-free experience will definitely make things better without the frustration of dealing with a constantly dropping signal.
2. No adapter is required for Roku Express, Roku Premiere, and Roku Ultra
Even those who have the latest generation of the device can benefit from this feature. You might think that because they already have faster internet speeds it is not as useful as those using older models, but you would be wrong. Even if your model has WiFi capabilities built-in, you can still use this Ethernet adapter just like any other Roku device without one. This means that even if your router does not support wireless AC or 802.11n Fast-lane input, all you need to do is connect the USB port on your TV to plug into an available power source to work. Some TVs don’t have USB ports and that is OK. You can also use a TV or A/V receiver which has a USB port available, just be aware of the power requirements for your particular model.
3. Better experience with YouTube and other live streaming channels
If you are doing binge YouTube sessions on any channel as well as other live content from apps like Sling TV, there is an advantage to using this device. This type of streaming usually adds more congestion to the network due to the higher bitrates used by these sources, so having a way to improve it will definitely help those who suffer from frequent buffering interruptions by making sure that all of your devices have a direct connection rather than going through several hops in order to reach the router.
The Last Line
We hope this article helped you decide which Roku Ethernet Adapter is best for your needs. You might also be interested in our blog post about the 6 Best Streaming Devices to Buy Right Now! If you are still not sure, feel free to contact us with any questions or comments. The last thing we want is for you to miss out on a good movie because of an outdated streaming device. Which Roku Ethernet adapter do you like most?