In this post, we will explore the best surface dock alternative to the popular Surface Dock by Microsoft. We will take a look at the best docking station for your laptop, the best Thunderbolt 3 docking stations, and the best USB-C docking stations. The first question that you may have is what is a good Surface Dock alternative? The answer to that question can differ depending on your needs, but there are many options available if you know where to look!
If You Are In A Hurry, Here Are The Suggested Products For You:
Top 9 Best Surface Dock Alternatives Reviewed
The Dell USB 3.0 Ultra HD Dock offers a simple and convenient way to connect your laptop or tablet to an external monitor, mouse, and keyboard. The dock features two USB 2.0 ports (one of which is high-power capable), one DisplayPort video output, one HDMI video output, and one audio line out jack for headphones/speakers.
StarTech.com has the right USB 3.0 docking station for your home or office! This triple monitor docking station lets users maximize their display capabilities with a triple-monitor (1 x HDMI and 2 x DP) or dual-monitor setup, which will help to boost productivity. The 4K Ultra HD resolution on one of the displays allows you to bring a lifelike picture to your monitor or display while supporting and 2048×1152 on the other two displays.
The Surface Pro 7 docking station is a great companion for your new Surface Pro. It allows you to easily connect the power of the dock to charge and power your tablet while connecting up to two external monitors, Ethernet, USB devices, and other peripherals. The built-in Gigabit Ethernet port provides a high-speed network connection for wired Internet access.
The Microsoft Surface Dock is a docking station that provides power, video, and data connectivity for the Microsoft Surface Book laptop and the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet. The dock has four USB 3.0 ports, one Gigabit Ethernet port, an audio output, and a Mini DisplayPort connector to connect to monitors with resolutions up to 4K. It also powers your device while it’s docked so you can work continuously without worrying about battery drain. The dock comes with cables that are compatible with both devices.
The Surface Docking Station is a high-performance docking station for the new Surface Pro 6/Pro 5/Pro 4, Surface Laptop 2/Laptop 3 and Surface Go. It offers you an additional 2 Mini DisplayPorts, 1 Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 USB3.0 ports, 1 audio frequency port and magnetic connect cable for your surface device. With an external power supply, it can charge your surface while connecting to multiple peripherals at the same time.
Microsoft Surface Dock lets you connect your Microsoft Surface Book or Surface Pro 4 with ease. The dock provides three high-speed USB 3.0 ports, one Gigabit Ethernet port, and audio output for external speakers or headphones. It also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), so you can use it to charge compatible devices through the Ethernet port.
The Surface Dock provides a simple, elegant way to power and connects your Surface Pro 4 or Surface Pro 5. Simply plug in the dock with the included power supply and connect up to two external monitors, network connections, and other peripherals through five USB 3.0 ports and an HDMI port. The dock also charges your device while it’s connected so you can maximize your productivity on the go.
The Dell WD19 is a docking station for your laptop or desktop computer. It lets you connect up to three external monitors, and has two USB 3. 1 port and one USB-C port that supports power delivery (up to 90 W), so you can charge your laptop while using the dock. The WD19 also has an Ethernet RJ45 port, audio input and output jacks, and DisplayPort connections.
The Rocketek For Microsoft Surface Dock is a docking station for Microsoft Surface Pro 4/5/6. It is the best replacement for your laptop and desktop computer. You can use this dock to connect all of your peripherals such as keyboard, mouse, printer, external hard drive, and more!
Buying Guide For The Best Surface Dock Alternatives
1. First up is Plugable’s UD-3000, a universal docking solution that is compatible with PCs and Macs.
2. If you have an Apple laptop, the Elgato Thunderbolt Dock is a great choice if you’re looking for a fast connection. It’s fairly pricey but it can transfer data at speeds up to 20 Gbps so you won’t be waiting around for files to sync or your computer to boot up.
3. The UH400 from Unitek has a similar design in terms of build material but it comes in a variety of bright colors instead of just silver, making it a fun accessory for matching your other tech gadgets or even customizing your desk decor. This dock also has HDMI mirroring capabilities that allow users to output video from their laptop onto a second monitor or television without the need for those pesky cables.
4. The Satechi Slim Aluminum Type-C Multi-Port Adapter is one of the most versatile and budget-friendly options on this list. It features three USB 3.0 ports (one of which is a fast-charging port), an HDMI port, and Ethernet capabilities all in a tiny, 2″ x 1″ package that works with Apple and Windows devices alike, including iPads and Android tablets.
5. This ASUS dock’s ability to work as both a stand-alone charging station and as an additional docking option makes it great for getting the most out of every inch you have available on your desk. It comes with four USB 3.0 ports so you can charge up your phone, sync an external hard drive, and power up your mouse all at the same time.
3 Benefits Of Surface Dock Alternatives
1. Wireless Charging The first benefit is wireless charging. While this isn’t a practical benefit, it offers more convenience than plugging in a cable every time you want to charge your laptop or tablet. You can still prop up your device attach any external peripherals like a monitor, keyboard, mouse, or printer. Many wireless chargers also have built-in USB ports that give you the option of powering up your device without taking up all the space on your desk.
2. Easily Portable Surface docks range in size from 2 to 4 inches in depth making it difficult for anyone looking to conserve space to use them. This is not an issue with port replicators since they are much more compact and very easy to store when it’s time to travel or move to a new location. This benefit is particularly relevant for small business owners who need to save every inch of space until their business can afford another office.
3. No drivers needed The third benefit is no software installation needed! All you do is plug in your Surface Dock alternative and it should automatically detect your device. There’s nothing to configure, install, or troubleshoot. It will work with any Windows 10 compatible PC or tablet as long as you follow the instructions in the user manual for attaching your hardware. Many alternatives to the Surface dock are less expensive than Microsoft’s own product too!
To Wrap Up
Surface Docking is a great way of getting the most out of your Microsoft device, but it comes at a hefty price. If you’re looking for an alternative to Surface Dock that will still allow you to get the best use from your device without breaking the bank, then this list will help you to find one.