Solar-powered lights are a great way to grow plants indoors. Solar power provides clean, renewable energy that doesn’t produce any emissions or use any fossil fuels. Solar-powered lights also reduce the need for electricity from the electric grid and can help you save money on your utility bills. There are many solar-powered grow light options available, so we’ve compiled a list of our top 10 favorite models below!
Here are the top 3 Solar Powered Grow Lights to check at a glance if you are in a hurry:
Top 10 Best Solar Powered Grow Lights Reviewed
Buying Guide For The Best Solar Powered Grow Lights
1. The most important thing to look at when buying solar-powered grow lights is the lumens per watt rating, which basically means how many lumens (measurement of visible light emitted by a source) there are per watt used. This is very similar to what was just said about stronger indoor lighting than outdoor lighting since the same rule applies here. A lot of companies will try and sell you their product based on saying they have more watts than some other company’s but don’t fall for it; check out the lumen per watt rating to really see what you are getting. If the product has a lower lumen per watt rating, then that means that it’s not as efficient, but if it has a higher one, which is good to find, then it would produce healthier plants for you.
2. Solar-powered grow lights are great examples of being something different than what they sound like! The first thing you should know about these types of grow lights is that all-grown solar lights wouldn’t work indoors because there isn’t enough sun inside your house. They don’t make normal indoor light bulbs out of cells, so they can be placed outside and still work well indoors because those types of plants will need much more intense lighting than plants that are grown outdoors.
3. Pay attention to whether or not the product has a daisy-chain feature because it’ll save you time and money in the end. Plants that are grown under grow lights will need much more watering than plants that are grown outside. Since every plant is different, you will need to water them at least once every couple of days if they don’t have this feature, but if they do, you can hook up multiple grow lights together, so they all turn on and off with one switch. That would allow you to place multiple units close enough together so everyone can be watered using just one hose, which makes life easier for you!
4. Make sure that any solar-powered grow light has tempered glass bulbs, especially if there is metal around them since it will protect your plants from any heat damage that the bulbs would normally cause.
5. A good idea when buying solar-powered grow lights is to check out reviews of them on websites like Amazon because you can get an idea of what others have experienced with a certain model, which could help your decision of which one to buy. Make sure you read what people had to say about their experiences with certain products so you can get an unbiased opinion of whether or not they are right for you!
3 Benefits Of Solar Powered Grow Lights
The first benefit is that it gives you complete control. While the sun and rain will always be out of your hands, the grow lights can be controlled by you to an extent. You can turn them on and off as well as change their intensity, all at your discretion. This allows for total flexibility in your gardening experience, so nothing will ever get too difficult or frustrating for you to handle.
Another great benefit about using indoor grow lights is that you never have to worry again about crop failure due to weather conditions because there won’t be any weather conditions. If you live in a snowy area or somewhere where bad storms are common, this could really play against your garden and shorten its life span significantly. When growing indoors with the lights, this is never an issue. So you can worry less and stay relaxed more often than not.
The final benefit of using the grow light system is that you will see your plants produce faster than ever before. Not only that, but they will also start budding sooner as well. This means a fully grown plant in weeks rather than months. This can be a huge time saver for most gardeners, and all they have to do is set it up and then feed their new buds regularly with water and nutrients or whatever else it needs to thrive into a gigantic plant full of delicious fruit!
We’re sure you’ll find the perfect grow light for your needs among these 10 top solar-powered lamps. If not, be sure to check out our other blog posts on indoor gardening and landscaping!