Solar-powered lights are a great way to grow plants indoors. Solar power provides clean, renewable energy that doesn’t produce any emissions or use any fossil fuels. Solar-powered lights also reduce the need for electricity from the electric grid and can help you save money on your utility bills. There are many solar-powered grow light options available, so we’ve compiled a list of our top 10 favorite models below!
Here are the top 3 Solar Powered Grow Lights to check at a glance if you are in a hurry:
Top 10 Best Solar Powered Grow Lights Reviewed
- High output T5 HO fluorescent lamp
- 24 watt, 6500K (blue) color temperature
- 4′ power cord and 4″ jumper cable included
- Fixture can be daisy-chained with multiple fixtures
- Metal housing for durability
Sun Blaze HGC960315 T5 High Output Fluorescent 21-120 Volt-Indoor Grow Light, 24 Watt 6500° K (blue) T5 HO lamp, Metal Housing, Fixture includes 24 Watt 6500° K (blue) T5 HO lamp; Accommodates standard 2′ replacement lamps, Power cord & 4″ jumper cable to daisy chain multiple fixtures. The Sun Blaze Strip Light is an excellent light source for growing plants.
- 4 high-efficiency AgroLED iSunlight lamps produce an impressive 4,900 lumens per lamp
- 5,500° K lamp color is ideal for propagation and vegetative lighting cycles
- Advanced reflector design delivers excellent reflectivity and diffusion
- Daisy chain feature allows multiple fixtures to be plugged in together
The Sun Blaze HGC960482 is a high-efficiency T5 LED fixture equipped with 4 – 41 watt AgroLED iSunlight lamps that produce an impressive 4,900 lumens per lamp. The 5,500° K lamp color is ideal for propagation and vegetative lighting cycles. This fixture features an advanced reflector design that delivers excellent reflectivity and diffusion, while the daisy chain feature allows multiple fixtures to be plugged in together.
- 720pcs 3000K, 528pcs 5000K, 150pcs 660nm red, 6pcs 730nm (IR) diodes with 120-degree wide beam angle
- High-efficiency full-spectrum grow light
- Dimmable from 0% to 100%
- Integrated PWM digital ballast
- Quiet operation
iPower RP6000E is a high-efficiency full-spectrum, and dimmable grow light. It features 720pcs 3000K, 528pcs 5000K, 150pcs 660nm red, 6pcs 730nm (IR) diodes with 120-degree wide beam angle to provide the most efficient lighting for indoor plants. The integrated PWM digital ballast can be adjusted from 0% to 100%, providing the flexibility of adjusting the brightness level of the light according to different phases of growth.
No products found.
- Material: durable fabric and plastic.
- Color: as the pictures show.
- The package includes 4 x solar sunflower garden lights.
- Size of each sunflower: approx. 8”/20 cm in diameter.
- Height of each sunflower (including stake): approx. 18”/45 cm
This solar garden light includes 4 packs of sunflower lights; the artificial sunflower petal is made of fabric exquisitely designed to imitate real sunflower; these gorgeous sunflowers will add a vague beauty to the night are the finishing touch to your beautiful garden.
No wiring or external electricity is required. Just place these decorative solar garden lights on the ground, remove the protective film of the solar panel and keep the switch “on,” they will automatically light up at dusk to illuminate your garden, patio, yard, and so on.
No products found.
- Circular memory timer function: The light will turn on/off automatically according to your settings in ONE 24-hour cycle, each color has a different time cycle.
- Flexible gooseneck: You can rotate the necks 360 degrees to adjust the angle between the seeding light and plants.
- Powered by USB or AC power plug: It is very convenient to use at home or in the office. The power adapter is included.
- Full-spectrum: The light includes red, blue, and white LEDs, providing full-spectrum lighting for your plants
This has a Circular memory timer function that automatically turns on/Off every day according to your settings. In ONE 24 hour cycle, each color has a different time cycle.
Flexible goosenecks can be rotated 360 degrees, making it easier for you to adjust the angle between the seeding light and plants—powered by USB or AC Power Plug (power adapter included ), which is very convenient to use at home or in the office.
- 4 level dimming function – 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%.
- 32 red LED lights and 16 blue LED lights.
- Perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Ideal for promoting plants’ photosynthesis growth.
- Easy to install with the included wall or ceiling mount.
Mosthink led grow light is a 32-LED grow light bar that can be attached to the wall or ceiling of your home. It has been designed with 4 different levels of dimmable light – 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% – to meet each plant’s lighting requirements at different stages, and it is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
This Mosthink led grow light bar features 32 red LED lights, and 16 blue LED lights which are more suitable for plants’ photosynthesis growth.
- 5 adjustable brightness
- 3 switch modes
- Timer auto on/off function
- Two-way memory timing function
The Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum is the best choice to grow your indoor plants. It has 5 adjustable brightness to suit varied stages of plant growth and 3 switch modes, which means that it can be used as a lamp, a night light, or an emergency light. It also comes with a timer auto on/off function, which allows up to 3,6,12 hours according to plant needs, and a two-way memory timing function, set up once and will turn on and off automatically every day.
- 100% brand new and high quality.
- Fully adjustable stand(extendable from 15 to 43in) with 3 legs, very sturdy and no need to worry about tipping over.
- With a 360-degree flexible gooseneck, you can adjust the angle and distance freely to get the best light coverage for your plants.
- Functional grow light with 30 LED beads in 3 different colors(red, blue and white), providing the most efficient wavelengths of light to promote photosynthesis for your plants
Our plant grows light with a stable, durable tripod stand(extendable from 15 to 43in) with functional lights and 360-degree flexible gooseneck, solved the trouble of setup and inflexibility of traditional hanging grow light, and also provide a much wider coverage area than clip grow light, suitable for more different size house plants. Widely apply to family balcony seeding/breeding, gardening, flower show, potted plants, especially tall and large plants.
- The plant grows light is suitable for indoor use and does not require direct sunlight.
- It is powerful enough to promote photosynthesis in plants but will not cause damage or overheating.
- The LED Grow Light has three colors, red, blue, and white, which provide a fairly efficient and comprehensive spectrum combination
The plant growth light is suitable for indoor use without direct sunlight and effectively promotes the rooting and germination of plants and the subsequent growth. The LED Grow Light adopts three colors, red, blue, and white, to provide a fairly efficient and comprehensive spectrum combination. It is powerful enough to promote photosynthesis in plants but not too strong as to cause damage or overheating.
- 44 powerful LEDs provide super bright lighting
- The solar panel charges the battery during the day and the light turns on automatically at night
- Automatically turn it off when there is no motion and turn it off during the day
- With a 2000mAh rechargeable battery, it can work for a long time than other normal solar lights
- No dim mode design also extends the lighting time
The solar motion sensor light is equipped with 44 high-power LEDs, providing brighter and wider lighting than others’ 28-42 LEDs lights. The outdoor solar security light will automatically turn on for 30 seconds when motion is detected at night with a 26ft range. It will automatically turn off when there is no motion and turn off during the day. With a 2000mAh rechargeable battery, it can work a long time than other normal solar lights. No dim mode design also extends the lighting time.
Buying Guide For The Best Solar Powered Grow Lights
1. The most important thing to look at when buying solar-powered grow lights is the lumens per watt rating, which basically means how many lumens (measurement of visible light emitted by a source) there are per watt used. This is very similar to what was just said about stronger indoor lighting than outdoor lighting since the same rule applies here. A lot of companies will try and sell you their product based on saying they have more watts than some other company’s but don’t fall for it; check out the lumen per watt rating to really see what you are getting. If the product has a lower lumen per watt rating, then that means that it’s not as efficient, but if it has a higher one, which is good to find, then it would produce healthier plants for you.
2. Solar-powered grow lights are great examples of being something different than what they sound like! The first thing you should know about these types of grow lights is that all-grown solar lights wouldn’t work indoors because there isn’t enough sun inside your house. They don’t make normal indoor light bulbs out of cells, so they can be placed outside and still work well indoors because those types of plants will need much more intense lighting than plants that are grown outdoors.
3. Pay attention to whether or not the product has a daisy-chain feature because it’ll save you time and money in the end. Plants that are grown under grow lights will need much more watering than plants that are grown outside. Since every plant is different, you will need to water them at least once every couple of days if they don’t have this feature, but if they do, you can hook up multiple grow lights together, so they all turn on and off with one switch. That would allow you to place multiple units close enough together so everyone can be watered using just one hose, which makes life easier for you!
4. Make sure that any solar-powered grow light has tempered glass bulbs, especially if there is metal around them since it will protect your plants from any heat damage that the bulbs would normally cause.
5. A good idea when buying solar-powered grow lights is to check out reviews of them on websites like Amazon because you can get an idea of what others have experienced with a certain model, which could help your decision of which one to buy. Make sure you read what people had to say about their experiences with certain products so you can get an unbiased opinion of whether or not they are right for you!
3 Benefits Of Solar Powered Grow Lights
The first benefit is that it gives you complete control. While the sun and rain will always be out of your hands, the grow lights can be controlled by you to an extent. You can turn them on and off as well as change their intensity, all at your discretion. This allows for total flexibility in your gardening experience, so nothing will ever get too difficult or frustrating for you to handle.
Another great benefit about using indoor grow lights is that you never have to worry again about crop failure due to weather conditions because there won’t be any weather conditions. If you live in a snowy area or somewhere where bad storms are common, this could really play against your garden and shorten its life span significantly. When growing indoors with the lights, this is never an issue. So you can worry less and stay relaxed more often than not.
The final benefit of using the grow light system is that you will see your plants produce faster than ever before. Not only that, but they will also start budding sooner as well. This means a fully grown plant in weeks rather than months. This can be a huge time saver for most gardeners, and all they have to do is set it up and then feed their new buds regularly with water and nutrients or whatever else it needs to thrive into a gigantic plant full of delicious fruit!
We’re sure you’ll find the perfect grow light for your needs among these 10 top solar-powered lamps. If not, be sure to check out our other blog posts on indoor gardening and landscaping!