In this digital age, more and more people are using computers for their work or education purposes. For that, they need to use a mouse for easier navigation through the screen. Usually, the wireless mouse comes with a small USB receiver to connect it to the computer. However, you might not have space on your desk for these receivers all the time. There could also be instances when you don’t have a USB receiver handy but need to use your wireless mouse. How will you connect your wireless mouse then? Well, follow these steps below: In order to know how to use the wireless mouse without a receiver, we first need to understand what exactly is a receiver and why do we need one in the first place? Essentially, a receiver is a device that receives radio signals so that your computer can understand them and take action accordingly. In the case of wireless mice, it connects with your computer via radio frequencies (RF).
How To Use Wireless Mouse Without Receiver?
- Connect the USB receiver to your computer and turn it on.
- Use the computer’s power switch to turn it off.
- After turning off the computer, unplug the USB receiver from it.
- Remove the battery from your wireless mouse and place it aside for now.
- Unplug the small antenna cable from your wireless mouse and place both of these aside for now as well.
- Gently pull out both cable ends of your wireless mouse: USB receiver and antenna cable (if any).
- Take a paper clip or a pen and push down on both of these cables at one end so that you can slide them out easily from the other end: USB receiver and antenna cable (if any).
- Use a pair of pliers to squeeze out all of the wire that is inside both USB receiver and antenna cable if any (in case, there’s more than one).
9 . Plug in your wireless mouse into an available USB port on your computer again: Place both pins of the circular end into their respective holes in order to complete this step carefully so that they don’t break or fall off while you’re working with them later on! You can also connect a wired mouse if you have one in order to make sure that you won’t miss any steps while transferring data between devices!
10 . Replace the battery back into your wireless mouse correctly so that there is no chance of connectivity issues later on: Cover the battery and make sure that you are holding it correctly so that it doesn’t fall off while you’re working with it.
- Turn on your wireless mouse: It should show up on your computer as a new device or a new port if you have two or more wireless mice.
Now that you know how to use the wireless mouse without a receiver, try out some of these ways to get your work done:
You can connect the USB receiver to your computer and turn it on.
Place both pins of the circular end into their respective holes in order to complete this step carefully so that they don’t break or fall off while you’re working with them later on! You can also connect a wired mouse if you have one in order to make sure that you won’t miss any steps while transferring data between devices!
Pros & Cons Of Wireless Mouse
- A Wireless Mouse is a great tool for people who have trouble using a regular mouse.
- It is really convenient to use, you don’t need to deal with cables and receivers anymore.
- It is easy to set up and uses a wireless mouse without a receiver and it’s cost-effective too!
- You can easily initiate a wireless connection from your computer, laptop, or even from your mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, etc: Just set up your device with the same network as your computer and you’re good to go!
- It’s very easy to move around without getting tangled up with wires or cables connecting it! PROS:1. A Wireless Mouse is a great tool for people who have trouble using a regular mouse.2. It is really convenient to use, you don’t need to deal with cables and receivers anymore.3. It is easy to set up and use the wireless mouse without a receiver and it’s cost-effective too!
- There are some cases of incompatibility between devices as well as some bad user experiences which are associated with them so that makes one wonder about the integrity of the product in general but that doesn’t mean you should avoid buying them altogether.
- The wireless mouse can become quite a hassle at times as it might not work properly sometimes or it might get disconnected from the computer or even from your mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, etc.
- There are some cases where the battery might die out in no time and this is not just an inconvenience but it also can be quite a hassle!
- The wireless mouse can also become a security risk as it’s easy to track you down by using the device’s MAC address which is unique to every wireless device this information is available on your network router’s settings page and so if someone gets hold of that information they can easily track you down!
BEST Wireless Mouse :
- Logitech Wireless Mouse M510
- Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000
- Logitech Wireless Mouse M705
- Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 5000
- Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse
- Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000
- Logitech M310 Wireless Mouse
- Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000
- Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
- Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500
- Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 6000
- Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 5000
Things to Look for When Buying a Wireless Mouse:
- The Wireless mouse should be compatible with your computer system and operating system.
- The wireless mouse should have long battery life and high-quality batteries.
- The wireless mouse should have a good range of movement and the ability to work in any condition.
- The wireless mouse should have a comfortable shape and feel, it should fit in your hand well enough to be used for hours on end without causing sore hands!
- The wireless mouse should have a good design and it should look cool!
- The wireless mouse should be easy to set up and it shouldn’t require too much fuss to get it working.
- The wireless mouse should have a good range of features which include the ability to switch between different settings like the ability to change the language settings, the ability to switch between different modes like USB or PS/2 or another mode, etc.
- The wireless mouse should not consume a lot of battery power and also, it shouldn’t stop working suddenly either which is a common issue with many products of this kind so you need to make sure that your purchase doesn’t have any problems associated with it!
- The wireless mouse should be able to work seamlessly with your computer system and operating system without causing any glitches or issues!
- The wireless mouse should have excellent build quality as well as materials used in its construction because this can affect how long you’ll be able to use the product before needing a replacement for one reason or another so make sure that you’re getting something that won’t break down on you quickly!
So that’s it for this article, I hope you found it useful and that you’ll be able to find the perfect wireless mouse to use on your computer system! In the next article, we’ll be looking at some popular free software that can help you clean up your hard drive and remove unwanted files, and also, we’ll be looking at a few free Windows utilities which can help keep things running smoothly on your PC.