Are you looking for the easiest way to record videos on Windows 7? Are you trying to learn how you can record videos on Windows 7 without installing third-party programs? Do you want to know if there’s any inbuilt feature that allows users to record videos on Windows 7? If your answers to these questions are yes, then you have come to the right place. Read on to find out more about recording videos on Windows 7.
How To Record Videos On Windows 7
1. Using Windows Movie Maker
This program is built in Windows 7 and I’m sure you know it. It’s really easy to use and has a lot of great features. For example, you can add music and transition effects to your video. You can also add voiceovers, and title pages, and even burn your video to DVD.
2. Using Imovie On Mac
iMovie is like Windows Movie Maker but for Macs only. It has a lot of cool editing features that aren’t available in Windows Movie Maker. For example, you can edit titles, and subtitles, and even add special effects! Check out this tutorial on how to use iMovie.
3. Using Windows Movie Maker On A Mac
If you are using a Mac and don’t have iMovie, you can still use Windows Movie Maker. The only difference is that you’ll need to use Bootcamp to install Windows on your computer. Check out this tutorial on how to do that and then check out this tutorial on how to install Windows Movie Maker on a Mac.
4. Using Imovie On A Pc
If you are using a PC, there is no way for you to download or install iMovie so I will not be able to help you with that! However, if you don’t want to buy an Apple computer or don’t have one, then I would recommend getting the free version of iLife (iWork). It’s got all kinds of cool tools like GarageBand, Logic Pro X, Aperture, and more! If you want more information about iLife checks out this website.
5. Using Windows Live Movie Maker
If you are on a PC and don’t have iMovie, then you can download Windows Live Movie Maker. It’s a great program that works just like Windows Movie Maker but it has a lot more features. For example, you can edit titles, add transitions and music to your videos, and burn your videos to DVD. Check out this tutorial on how to use WLM.
6. Using Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe Premiere Elements is another great video editing program that is free! It’s got all kinds of cool features like adding titles, transitions, and special effects to your videos! Check out this tutorial on how to use Premiere Elements!
7. Using Sony Vegas Pro 8
If you don’t want to spend money on any other video editor then I would recommend using Sony Vegas Pro
8. Using Windows Live Video Editor
If you are on a PC and don’t have WLM or Premiere Elements, then you can download it for free here. It’s got all kinds of cool features like adding titles, transitions, and special effects to your videos! Check out this tutorial on how to use WLM!
Record Videos On Windows 7 Using Built-In Features
- Open the Windows 7 Start Menu and type “Windows Movie Maker” in the Search box.
- Select “Windows Movie Maker” from the Search Results list and open it.
- Select the “File” menu, then click on “New Project”.
- In the New Project window, select a video format to record (e.g., WMV).
- Click on “OK”. The new video project will be opened in Windows Movie Maker’s main window.
- Double-click on the movie that you just created to start recording it into your computer’s storage device (e.g., your hard drive). Note: If you are unable to play back videos recorded using this method, try using another computer or different video player software to play back or edit the videos recorded using this method on a computer with the Windows 7 operating system installed, as mentioned in step 1 of this article. Click here for more information about how to record videos on Windows 7 using another computer or different video player software.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “Save”. The movie will be saved in the default video format selected in step 4 of this article.
- Right-click on the movie that you just created, then select “Properties”. The Properties window will be displayed on your computer’s screen. Click on the “Settings” button, then click on the drop-down arrow located at the end of the “Format” button to display all available video formats, as shown in Figure 1 below:
- Select a video format such as WMV (e.g., WMV9), WMP (e.g., WMP9) or MP4 (e.g., MP4) and click OK to save it as a new file name extension (.wmv).
- Select the “File” menu, then click on “Save As”. The Save As window will be displayed on your computer’s screen. Click on the “Browse” button, then select the new video file name extension (.wmv) that you just created and click OK to save it into your computer’s storage device (e.g., your hard drive).
Install And Use Camtasia For Windows 7
- Download Camtasia for Windows 7 from www.techsmith.com/camtasia and install it on your computer.
- Open the software and select the “Record” option in the left-hand panel.
- Click on the “Start Recording” button and record your screen as you normally would do with a webcam or a digital camera.
- Save the video file to your computer or save it online in a third-party service like Dropbox or Google Drive.
- You can now play back the saved video file in Camtasia for Windows 7 using a media player like VLC or Windows Media Player to view it on your computer or save it to an online storage service like Dropbox or Google Drive for sharing with others who have computers running Windows 7, you can share the video file by sharing a link via email, instant messaging, Skype, etc. so that everyone can watch what you have recorded on your computer screen and make use of it for their own purposes.
The article discusses the various ways to record videos on Windows 7. The first way is to use the built-in features of your computer, while the second way is to use third-party screen-capturing software. The third way is to install and use Camtasia for Windows 7, while the last way is to use a video recording app. These are the easiest ways to record videos on Windows 7.