The lock screen is a blank space on your iPhone that you see every time you switch on your device. Unless you set up a password or fingerprint, anyone who picks up your iPhone can get into its main functions in as little as 30 seconds. Even with a password or fingerprint, the lock screen remains an important security measure for safeguarding sensitive data against intruders and hackers. Fortunately, you can make the lock screen more useful and secure by personalizing it with photos, widgets, and notifications. Moving the clock from the top-right corner to somewhere more accessible is one way of making it more useful. Here’s how to move the clock on the lock screen on your iPhone.
How To Move Clock On Lock Screen iPhone
- Launch Settings on your iPhone and scroll down to the Display & Brightness section.
- Tap Lock Screen.
- Now, tap Clock Position at the bottom of the screen and choose where you want to place the clock on your lock screen. You can place it in one of four locations: Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, or Bottom Right.
- Next, tap Date & Time to set up a date and time format that you like best on your lock screen.
- Finally, tap Set Lock Screen to confirm your changes and save them onto your iPhone’s lock screen wallpaper. It’s that easy! To revert back to the default settings for your iPhone’s lock screen wallpaper, simply follow these steps again but choose Reset in Step 3 instead of Set Lock Screen in Step 4 above.
Benefits Of Using The Clock On The Lock Screen:
- The clock on the lock screen can show you the time even when your iPhone is locked. You don’t have to unlock your phone and swipe to the right to see what time it is. All you have to do is look at the clock on your lock screen.
- When the time comes, you can just double tap the clock and swipe it left to view appointments, reminders, events, and alarms.
- You can also swipe right from the clock widget on your lock screen to access music playback controls for Apple Music or any other music app you use on your iPhone.
- You can also use Siri hands-free by simply saying “Hey Siri” instead of tapping a button or swiping up from any part of your iPhone’s screen (except its edges). This will activate Siri’s hands-free mode so that you can give voice commands while keeping both hands on whatever else you are doing at that moment.
Why Should You Buy An iPhone Rather Than An Android Phone?
- iPhones are more durable than most Android phones.
- iPhone comes with an excellent support system that makes it easier to get help when you need it. It is also easier to find support through friends and family.
- The Apple iPhone has the largest app store of any phone on the market. It has over 2 million apps, while Google Play has 1 million apps. This means that if you want an app, there is a good chance that you will be able to find it on the Apple App Store.
- iPhones are more secure than Android phones because of their proprietary operating system and encryption methods (Apple does not allow users to install 3rd party applications or programs on their phones without first verifying them).
- You can use Siri hands-free by simply saying “Hey Siri” instead of tapping a button or swiping up from any part of your iPhone’s screen (except its edges). This will activate Siri’s hands-free mode so that you can give voice commands while keeping both hands on whatever else you are doing at that moment.”
How To Change The Lock Screen Wallpaper On iPhone?
- First, you need to tap on Settings.
- Then, tap on Wallpapers & Brightness.
- It will open the wallpaper screen, where you can see a preview of your current wallpaper and change it to any other available wallpapers.
- After that, tap on the image that you want to use as your iPhone’s lock screen wallpaper (or just touch anywhere else on the screen if you want to browse for other images). This will open a menu with options for setting up this image as your iPhone’s new lock screen wallpaper.
- If there is no picture selected as the current iPhone’s lock screen wallpaper, then you can choose one from this menu by tapping on Choose New Wallpaper or by tapping on the Camera Roll button (if there is no image selected). You can also choose an image from Camera Roll by tapping on Choose Existing instead of choosing a new image from camera roll or other sources.
- Select the image that you want to use and it will be set up as the new lock screen wallpaper for your iPhone.”
Best Wallpaper Apps For iPhone
- Magisto: This app is a little pricey but it is the best app for creating professional-looking videos. It allows you to add effects, music, and text to your videos.
- iMovie: Another great app for making fun videos with your friends or family. It has a lot of the same editing tools as Magisto and it also has an easy-to-use interface.
- ProCamera: This is one of the most used camera apps on the iPhone. It has a great interface and you can use different filters and effects in your pictures before you take them or after you take them.
- Snapseed: This is another great photo editing app that allows you to edit photos with ease and share them with friends on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.”
Best Apps For iPhone For Entertainment
1. Pandora Radio – “Pandora Radio is a free internet radio service that lets you listen to music from thousands of artists and songs, just like radio stations but without all of those annoying commercials.”
2. Pinterest – “Pinterest lets you collect all of your favorite things in one place so that you can do more with what matters most to you.”
3. Skype – “Skype makes it easy to stay close with family and friends when they’re far away. Just download Skype’s free iPhone app, add contacts who have Skype installed on their computers or mobile phones, then send instant messages or make voice calls at no cost.”
4. Angry Birds – “Angry Birds is a fun puzzle game that lets you use a slingshot to shoot birds at pigs stationed on or within various structures, with the goal being to destroy all the pigs on the playfield. Angry Birds has been one of the most popular app games since its release in December 2009 and has received significant attention from the mainstream media. It was named Apple’s iPhone Game of the Year for 2010. The popularity of Angry Birds has led to versions of it being created for other touchscreen smartphone operating systems, including Android, Symbian, and BlackBerry OS (called “Angry Birds Seasons”). A version of Angry Birds has also been made available for PCs and Macs (Windows XP SP2 or later and Mac OS X 10.5 or later), as well as an HD version for iPad and Android tablets. The game was created by Finnish computer game developer Rovio Mobile.”
5. YouTube – “YouTube lets you enjoy all your favorite videos from popular music videos to amateur video clips in high quality on your iPhone.”
The lock screen is an important security measure that protects your iPhone against intruders and hackers. Fortunately, there are several ways to personalize your lock screen to make it more useful and secure. You can change the position of the clock, use 1-Touch to Unlock, add widgets for quick access to apps, add a shortcut to the lock screen, and use 2-Step Authentication to add shortcuts to your lock screen with greater security.
How do I get the clock widget to show up on my lock screen?
You can add a Clock Widget to your lock screen in two ways: Add a Clock Widget from your Home Screen or Add a Clock Widget from Control Center.
How do I change the position of the clock on my lock screen?
You can change the position of the clock by changing its location on your Home Screen. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Lockscreen, then select “Position of the Clock” and choose “Right.”
How do I add widgets to my lock screen?
You can add widgets to your lock screen in two ways: Add a Widget from your Home Screen or Add a Widget from Control Center.