Windows 10 is a powerful operating system that can be installed on a computer. It’s also a free download, so updating your computer should be easy. However, installing Windows 10 on your computer requires you to have at least 8 GB of RAM and an operating system capable of running 64-bit software. If you’re having trouble with downloading Windows 10 from Microsoft, here are some helpful tips and tricks for creating a bootable USB for Windows 10 using cmd.
How To Create A Bootable USB For Windows 10 Using cmd?
1. Download the Windows 10 ISO file.
2. Download Rufus – a free utility for creating bootable USBs.
3. Open the Rufus utility and select the USB drive you want to use as your bootable Windows 10 drive from the ‘Device’ drop-down menu.
4. Select the ISO image in your computer that you downloaded from Microsoft for Windows 10 and click on ‘Start’.
5. Wait for a few minutes until Rufus creates a bootable USB of Windows 10 for you, which you can use to install on your computer or laptop.
6. Boot into the BIOS on your computer, and change your boot order so that USB is the first boot device.
7. Reboot your computer and go through the Windows 10 setup process again, which should now be much faster as you’re running it from a bootable USB instead of from a DVD.
8. Enjoy using Windows 10 on your computer!
What Is A bootable USB?
A bootable USB is a USB drive that you can use to make your computer start from a USB drive instead of installing it from the CD. This helps to avoid having to wait for Windows 10 to finish downloading and installing on the computer. To create a bootable USB, you will first need a blank USB drive with at least 8 GB of available space. Then, download the following programs: Rufus, WinToUSB, and Universal USB Installer toolkit.
How To Download Windows 10 On Your Computer
1. Go to Microsoft’s Website and click on the “Get Windows 10” button.
2. Choose your language and click on the “Next” button.
3. Choose if you want to upgrade or do a clean install, then click on the “Next” button.
4. Click on the “Install Now” button if you want to install it immediately or if you want to download it for later installation, then click on the “Download Tool Now” button.
5. Clicking the Download Tool Now button will take you to a page where you can choose which version of Windows 10 you want to download onto your computer. You can choose between 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows 10. Once downloaded, it will automatically begin installing onto your computer when you’re ready for it.
6. Once installed, go through the setup process again, which should now be much faster as you’re running it from a bootable USB instead of from a DVD.
How To Install Windows 10 On Your PC
1. Connect the bootable USB or ISO file to your computer.
2. Restart your computer and press any key when it says “Press any key to boot from USB”.
3. Select the appropriate language, time/currency format, and keyboard input method. Click Next.
4. Click on “Install now” to begin installing Windows 10 onto your computer.
5. Select either “Upgrade this PC now” or “Clean Install”, depending on whether you want to upgrade your PC or wipe it clean and start from scratch. You can also choose to perform a custom installation if you have multiple partitions on your hard drive but that’s entirely up to you.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the installation process. This will vary depending on whether you’re upgrading or performing a clean install of Windows 10, but once it’s done rebooting your computer for the first time should be relatively simple!
7. Once you’re booted into Windows 10 for the first time, you should check your hard drive again to see if it’s still partitioned as NTFS. If so, right-click on the partition and select “Shrink Volume”. Shrink it down a bit to make room for your other drives.
Benefits Of Windows 10
1. Windows 10 is the most secure version of the Windows operating system. It has new security features, such as Device Guard, Credential Guard, and Virtualization-based security.
2. Windows 10 is the best version for universal apps. With new universal apps, you can buy them once and use them on your phone, tablet, and desktop.
3. Windows 10 has Cortana – your personal digital assistant that helps you to manage your daily tasks: calendar, reminders, notes, and much more.
4. Microsoft Edge – a new browser with a built-in reading list to help you stay up-to-date with news and blogs while you are on the go; Cortana integration to help you keep track of your favorite sites; Reading Mode that removes distractions so that you can focus on reading; and built-in note-taking feature in order to save web pages for further reference or sharing with others.
5. Continuum – it transforms your phone into a PC by connecting it to a monitor or TV via HDMI or USB Type C connection;
6 . Universal apps – these apps work across all device types (Windows Phone/Tablet/Desktop), giving users seamless experiences across all devices without having to purchase separate applications for each device type;
7 . Multiple desktops – allows users to have different desktops for different purposes (e.g., one desktop with work stuff, another desktop with social media sites access);
The Disadvantages Of Windows 10
1. The Windows 10 upgrade will cost you $119.99 for the Pro version or $199.99 for the Enterprise version.
2. Windows 10 is still not compatible with all software and hardware, so it may not be suitable for your computer or device.
3. Microsoft Edge is not a fully-functional browser yet and does not support many features that other browsers do, such as extensions and ad blockers;
4 . Cortana is still being developed and is not as intelligent as Siri or Google Now;
5 . Some users have experienced bugs after upgrading to Windows 10, which may cause the system to crash, freeze up, restart on its own, etc.;
6 . Microsoft has been criticized for its “Get Windows 10” campaign because of its aggressiveness in pushing the operating system onto users who do not wish to upgrade;
This was all about the things we should do before installing Windows 10. We saw that Windows 10 is the best operating system by Microsoft. It is easy to install and comes with a lot of new features. This article was all about the things we should do before installing Windows 10.
Q: What is the minimum RAM required for Windows 10?
A: 1 GB of RAM is required, but 2 GB is recommended.
Q: How to open Command Prompt in Windows 10?
A: Press “Windows key + X” and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
Q: Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 free of cost?
A: No, you will have to pay for it.
Q: Can I install Windows 10 on multiple devices?
A: Yes, you can use your license on all your computers at home or work.