If you’ve recently purchased a pair of AirPods and a Samsung TV, then you might find yourself with a minor inconvenience. It’s not yet possible to connect your new AirPods directly to your new Samsung TV, although it won’t be long until there are more options. This means that if you want to listen to music or use Alexa on your TV, you’ll need another device in between—such as an Apple TV. This can be a bit of an inconvenience but it doesn’t have to be. There are plenty of ways that you can connect AirPods to your Samsung TV, and we’re going to show you how! Keep reading for everything you need to know about connecting AirPods to a Samsung Smart TV.
How to connect AirPods to Samsung tv
Connect AirPods to Samsung TV with a USB cable
The first thing you might want to do is connect your new AirPods to your Samsung TV. So, we’re going to show you how you can do this with a USB cable. This is the easiest way and will also come with the best results.
Connect AirPods to Samsung TV using Bluetooth
If you’re looking for an even easier way of connecting your new AirPods to your Samsung TV, then we recommend using Bluetooth instead. If you have an iPhone or Android device, then it should be possible for you to pair your AirPods directly without needing any additional equipment.
Connect Apple TV via HDMI cable
If none of the above options work for you, then there is a third option that we recommend that might work better than any of them! It’s possible that if your TV has an HDMI port and it supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), then it might be possible to connect your AirPods using an HDMI cable.
Connect Apple TV via Bluetooth
If you don’t have an Apple TV, then you can also connect your AirPods using Bluetooth. This will use the same process as described in step 2 above, but it will require that you pair your AirPods with a Bluetooth device instead of a USB cable. Keep in mind that this is the slowest method and it will also drain the battery on your AirPods quickly. So, it’s not a good choice if you want to listen to music for longer than a few hours at a time!
Connect Samsung Smart TV with Chromecast via USB cable
The final option we recommend is connecting through Chromecast. If you have any type of smart TV and you have an Android device, then there is a chance that it supports Chromecast and Chromecast Audio through USB. This means that if you plug in some extra hardware to your TV, you can then connect to it through the USB port on your TV.
Connect Samsung Smart TV with Chromecast via Bluetooth
If you don’t have an Android device and you want to connect your Samsung Smart TV with Chromecast, then there is another option available for you. You can also pair your AirPods with a Bluetooth device and connect them to the same Chromecast Audio that we mentioned in step 5 above. This will use the same process as described in step 2 above, but it will require that you pair your AirPods with a Bluetooth device instead of a USB cable. Keep in mind that this is the slowest method and it will also drain the battery on your AirPods quickly. So, it’s not a good choice if you want to listen to music for longer than a few hours at a time!
What’s the Deal with AirPods and Samsung?
AirPods are compatible with Samsung Smart TVs
If you have a Samsung TV, then you’ll know that the AirPods are compatible with it. For the most part, this is because the AirPods can be connected to your smartphone and that’s all it needs to function. However, there is one very important piece of software that your smartphone needs in order for your new AirPods to work on your TV. This is called Smart View, and it allows you to stream content from your phone or tablet directly onto your TV.
Get AirPods Running on Your Samsung TV
The first thing you need to do is download Smart View on either an Android phone or an iOS device. Once you’ve downloaded the app, simply open it up and follow the instructions on the screen. The app will tell you what version of OS X (or iOS) you’re running, so make sure that’s updated before proceeding with the setup process (make sure you’re running the latest version).
Add AirPods to Your Samsung TV
Once you’ve updated your OS and installed Smart View, you’ll need to pair your AirPods with your Samsung TV. This is done by connecting them to a Bluetooth device. If you have an Apple TV, then it’s likely that this will be the one you’ll be using to connect AirPods to your Samsung TV, but we can’t guarantee that. If you don’t have an Apple TV or another Bluetooth device, then there are a few options available that will allow you to connect AirPods directly to your Samsung isn’t as reliable as the above method but it’s still an option)
Use Smart View on Your Samsung Smart TV
Once these methods have been completed, all that’s left is for you to use Smart View on your Samsung TV. This can be done by connecting the AirPods to the TV via a Bluetooth device or by using the TV’s Smart Hub.
Get AirPods Running on Your Samsung Smart TV
Once you’ve connected your AirPods to your Samsung Smart TV, you’ll need to pair them with your smartphone again. This is done by following the instructions on the screen, and it will also be necessary for using them with other devices in the future.
How to Connect AirPods to a Samsung TV using Bluetooth
- Ensure that your Samsung TV is on and has its Bluetooth turned on.
- Turn on your AirPods and wait for the pairing process to complete.
- Once the pairing process is complete, open the Settings menu by pressing the Home button on your remote control (or by clicking the gear icon at the top of your screen).
- Select Bluetooth from the list of options in Settings.
- Select Pair a New Device from here, and you should be able to pair AirPods with your TV automatically when they are discovered by it!
- You’re done! Your new AirPods are now paired with your Samsung TV, and you can start listening to music through them.
How to Use AirPods with Samsung Using an Adaptor
- Connect your AirPods to your Samsung TV using the USB-C cable.
- Plug the USB-C adaptor into a power source (the wall or a USB port on your computer) and plug it into the Samsung TV’s USB port.
- Now, connect the other end of the adaptor to your AirPods using the pair of small black cables.
- Once you’re connected to AirPods, open the Samsung TV’s Bluetooth menu and select “AirPods” from the list of devices.
- You should now be able to use your AirPods to listen to music on your Samsung TV.
How to Connect AirPods to a Samsung TV using a Cable
- Connect the AirPods to your Samsung TV using a third-party cable. The cable we’re recommending here is the Belkin Bluetooth Mini Adapter ($9.99 on Amazon). It’s small and will connect your AirPods directly to your new TV. It’s also compatible with most other Samsung devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Connect your AirPods to this adapter by plugging it into the Lightning port on either side of your Samsung TV.
- After you plug in the adapter, you should see a blue light on it begin to glow! This means that your device is now ready to be paired with your headphones, so please do so now!
- After you pair your AirPods with the adapter, they should now be ready to be connected to your Samsung TV.
- To do this, you’ll need to find the AirPods on the TV and select “Bluetooth” from the AirPlay menu.
- Select “Connected Device” and then press OK on your TV remote.
- Your AirPods should now be connected! Now that you know how to connect AirPods to a Samsung TV using a cable, let’s talk about some of the best options for connecting AirPods when using a cable isn’t an option.
The AirPods are the most popular wireless headphones on the market, but they don’t work with every device. This means that if you’ve recently purchased a Samsung TV and you have a pair of AirPods, then you’ll need to take a few extra steps to connect them. There are plenty of ways to connect AirPods to a Samsung TV, and we’ve shown you how. Hopefully, you’ve managed to find a method that works for you.