If you’re like most people, you probably rely on your iPhone to keep all of your important documents and files safe. But if something goes wrong and your phone is locked or unreadable, you might have to resort to filing away your photos and videos in a pile of old receipts and forgotten passwords. This can be a lot of trouble and time-consuming work, so we wanted to help you out. In this blog post, we’re going to give you a step-by-step guide on how to reset your iPhone without losing everything.
How Do I Reset My iPhone Without Losing Everything?
1. Turn off your iPhone.
2. Press and hold the Home button.
3. While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for about 10 seconds.
4. The phone will power off and then on again. You should see a screen that says “Slide to power off.”
5. Slide to power off your phone, then slide to turn it back on. This will put the iPhone into recovery mode.
6. When you see this screen, press and hold both volume buttons at once until you see a “Connect to iTunes” message pop up. You should also see an Apple logo show up on your iPhone’s screen when you do this step. If not, try pressing down on both buttons as well as pressing them in different directions or at different speeds until you have this message appear on your iPhone’s screen.
7. Connect your iPhone to iTunes using a lightning cable or USB cable (not a Wi-Fi hotspot). If you don’t have one yet, get one here.
8. Now that we’re connected to iTunes, we’re going to go ahead and restore it so that we can get all of our content back! Click “Restore” in the upper right-hand corner of iTunes when it pops up on your computer or Mac’s desktop window (if you’re using Windows). Your device will now begin restoring itself to its factory settings! It’ll take some time for the restoration process to complete.
9. You should see a screen that says “iTunes has detected your iPhone and will now start the restore process.” Now sit back and relax as your iPhone fully restores itself.
10. When the restoration is complete, you’ll see a screen that says “iTunes has successfully restored your iPhone.” And then, you’ll see a screen that shows all of the apps you’ve downloaded onto your phone. You can now use them again!
11. Press the Home button to go back to the main menu in iTunes. Then press “Restore” again to get all of your data back!
12. After the restoration is complete, you’ll see a screen that says “iTunes has successfully synced your iPhone.”
13. You’re done! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!
What To Keep In Mind If You Reset Your Phone
1. You can’t back up your phone while it’s in recovery mode. So make sure you back up your phone before you reset it.
2. If you don’t back up your phone, then you won’t be able to get all of the apps and files that you’ve downloaded onto your iPhone. So make sure to backup your iPhone before resetting it!
3. If you have any apps or files that are important, like photos or video files, then you’ll want to keep those on an external device so that they don’t get deleted by the restoration process.
4. The only way to get the data from the iPhone after a reset is to restore it with iTunes. So any data on there will be lost unless you do a restore from iTunes after resetting your phone.
Best Apps For Data Back-Up For iPhone?
1. iBackupBot ($5)
iBackupBot is a great app for iPhone data backup. It allows you to back up all of your files and apps on your iPhone with just a few clicks of the mouse. It backs up everything including music, photos, videos, and even contacts! You can download it here.
2. iExplorer ($7)
iExplorer is another great app for iPhone data back-up. It allows you to backup all of your files and apps onto your computer’s hard drive with just a few clicks of the mouse. You can download it here.
3. iCloud (free)
iCloud is one of the best ways to keep your iPhone’s data safe and secure. When you sign up for an iCloud account, sync all of your photos, music, contacts, and calendar events from other devices onto it so that they are always accessible from any other device or computer! You can get an iCloud account here.
4. DropBox (free)
DropBox is another great way to keep your iPhone’s data safe and secure. When you sign up for an account with Dropbox, sync all of your photos, videos, and documents there so that they are always accessible from any other device or computer! You can get an account here.
5. Google Drive (free)
Google Drive is another great way to keep your iPhone’s data safe and secure. When you sign up for an account with Google, sync all of your photos, music, and documents there so that they are always accessible from any other device or computer! You can get an account here.
6. iCloud Drive (free)
iCloud Drive is another great way to keep your iPhone’s data safe and secure. When you sign up for an account with iCloud, sync all of your photos, videos, and documents there so that they are always accessible from any other device or computer! You can get an account here.
7. Dropbox Pro ($35/year)
DropBox Pro allows you to backup all of your photos, videos, and documents there so that they are always accessible from any other device or computer! You can get the pro version here.
Resetting an iPhone is a great way to get rid of some of the problems that it might be having with itself. It can also be a quick way to fix most other problems that your iPhone may be having, like a frozen screen or an unresponsive home button. But resetting your phone can also have some side effects, like losing all of the apps and data on your phone, so make sure you back up all of your important files before you reset your iPhone.
How do I find out what version of iOS my iPhone is running?
A: You can find this information on the Settings menu in your Settings app. Look for “About” and you’ll see a section there that says “Version”.
How do I reset my iPhone?
You can reset your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. The first time you do this, it will erase everything on your phone, and then it will ask if you want to restore from an iTunes backup. Click the Restore button and iTunes will copy all of your files back onto your phone.
What are the risks of restoring with iTunes?
There are no known risks of restoring with iTunes. However, if something goes wrong during the restoration process, it may not be possible to recover any data from the iPhone. So be sure to back up all of your important data before you restore!