There are a lot of wireless headphones on the market today, but none of them are as iconic and recognizable as the Beats by Dre Flex Wireless headphones. These ultra-lightweight wireless in-ear headphones have a unique design that makes it look like they have no wires at all. The cables are tucked away inside the earbuds, making them look like silicone tips with a tiny charging case that’s roughly the size of a small pill box. If you’re reading this post, chances are you need help charging your Beats Flex because you keep forgetting to charge them after every use. Fear not, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about charging your Beats Flex.
How do I charge my Beats Flex?
The Beats Flex comes with a 30-pin Lightning cable, which is the standard USB connector for iPhones and iPads. The cable will charge your Beats Flex, but it also allows you to connect headphones to your iPhone or iPad via the 3.5mm headphone jack. This can be useful if you want to listen to music while charging your headphones.
How Long Does It Take To Charge The Beats Flex?
- The charging cable for the Beats Flex is a proprietary cable. This means that you can only use it with your specific model Flex. Luckily, if you lose your charging cable, you can order a replacement from Beats directly.
- The charging case for the Beats Flex is not compatible with any other brand of headphones or earphones. If you want to charge your Flex without using the charging case, then buy a separate 3-4 port USB charger and connect it to the Flex’s charging port. This will allow you to charge multiple devices at once!
- To avoid damaging the battery inside your headphones, don’t leave them plugged in for more than three hours at a time. If you need to leave them plugged in longer than this, then make sure that they’re not lying on their side – this could damage the battery inside them and lead to shorter battery life over time!
- Charging times will vary depending on how ‘full’ is your Flex battery already. If they are already full then it will take longer to charge up again! To check how full they are, simply plug them into your computer and see how long it takes (or use an app like Battery Doctor). It should be noted that after around 30 minutes of being left on a charge they will start to lose their ability to hold a charge – so be careful when leaving them on charge overnight!
- The red light on the front of the Flex case will show that it is charging, but it does not tell you how much of a charge is left in them. To check the battery level just plug in the charging cable and see how long it takes to get a full charge.
- The Beats Flex will hold up to 7 hours of music playback time on a full battery charge. This depends on your volume settings, but you’ll probably want to keep this at around 50% or less so your music doesn’t get too loud!
- If you want to use the Flex while they’re charging then make sure that they are not lying on their side or upside down while they are plugged in – this could damage the battery inside them and lead to shorter battery life over time!
- Charge times will vary depending on how ‘full’ is your Flex battery already. If they are already full then it will take longer to charge up again! To check how full they are, simply plug them into your computer and see how long it takes (or use an app like Battery Doctor). It should be noted that after around 30 minutes of being left on the charge they will start to lose their ability to hold a charge – so be careful when leaving them on charge overnight!
- The Beats by Dr. Dre headphone range includes both wired and wireless models – if you have a wireless model then make sure that you don’t lose the transmitter for the headphones, as this can also cause problems with the headphones.
- The Beats by Dr. Dre headphones are very comfortable to wear and sound great – so once you’ve got them on you won’t want to take them off! If the battery runs out, then simply plug them in to charge back up and you can resume listening to your music as normal!
- The Beats by Dr. Dre headphones come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, which means that if you’re not happy with your purchase then simply return them back to us within 30 days and we will refund the cost of the item including postage costs!
Is It Possible To Fast-Charge The Beats Flex?
The Beats Flex is a very efficient wireless headphone that can charge pretty quickly. This is because the Flex uses fast-charge technology, which means it can charge faster than other wireless headphones on the market. The Beats by Dr. Dre Studio Wireless headphones have a fast-charging time of around 2 hours and 15 minutes, while the Beats X has a charging time of around 2 hours and 50 minutes. The charging case that comes with the Flex also has a fast-charging feature that will get your headphones up to full power in just over an hour, which is far faster than other cases on the market. If you want to speed up the charging process even further, you can use a USB desktop charger that’s capable of outputting 5V at 2 Amps for a faster charge rate.
Fast-charging using USB Desktop Charger
If you have an old laptop or desktop PC lying around, you can use it as an external charger instead of plugging your Flex into an outlet. This will allow you to charge your headphones much quicker than plugging them into an outlet would allow because it allows you to use your laptop’s power supply instead of the wall socket. We recommend using laptop power supplies rather than desktop chargers because they have slightly lower wattage outputs (15W vs 17W), which means they won’t be as strong as wall outlets when it comes to charging your device. You will need to buy either a laptop or desktop charger that outputs at 5V at 2 Amps. Even though it’s a slower charge rate, you will be able to charge your headphones in around 1 hour and 20 minutes using the laptop charger.
Fast-charging using USB Desktop Charger
The most common brand of desktop chargers found on Amazon is the iClever Charging Station 5-Port USB 3.0 Hub, which costs $12.99 and has an output of 15W. A 5V 2A wall charger would also work, but you will need to use one of those with a USB-A port (the part of the plug that goes into your phone or laptop). If you have a desktop PC with more than 1 USB port, you can use multiple cables for charging faster, but we don’t recommend it because the computer will have to work harder to supply power to all of the charging ports at once. You can also buy multiple adapters if you have more than 1 USB port on your computer (for example, if it has 2 USB ports on it) so that you can connect and charge multiple devices simultaneously. 4. Fast-charging using USB Desktop Charger
The Beats Flex is one of the best wireless headphones on the market. It may be on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for. These headphones are durable and waterproof and will last you for years to come. The only real downside to these headphones is that they are a bit harder to charge than other wireless models. Don’t let this deter you from buying the Beats Flex, just remember to charge them frequently and you won’t have any problems.