When you think about computer components, you probably have a few obvious things that come to mind first. After all, the number of different parts and features in computers is staggering in its variety and versatility. But there are some computer parts that aren’t as obvious as others. Things like Bluetooth or wireless internet connectivity don’t come to mind when we think about computer hardware – but they’re still important! These small details are included in almost all brand-new computers these days, so it might surprise you to learn that some motherboards do not come with Bluetooth or wireless internet connectivity built in. These are two very distinct features, but they both serve the same general purpose of making communication with your computer easier without having to connect a separate device to it directly.
Do motherboards come with Bluetooth?
Yes, this feature will almost always be included in the motherboard of your computer if it’s a brand-new model. It’s an incredibly useful feature that’s quickly become an essential part of modern computer technology. If you want to use Bluetooth with your computer but your motherboard doesn’t come with it as a standard feature, you can add a USB dongle to make the computer recognize the chip and give you access. That said, this isn’t the most ideal solution since you’d have to unplug it every time you want to switch off your computer, but it’s better than nothing.
What Are The Benefits Of Having Bluetooth On A Motherboard?
- Bluetooth technology is a great alternative to wired networking.
- Bluetooth technology can also be used as a wireless connection for your computer’s mouse and keyboard, for example, if you have an older model that doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth adapter.
- Bluetooth is a useful feature that can help you connect your smartphone or tablet to the computer as well! This is especially helpful if you want to use the device while you’re in the middle of typing an essay or other work on your computer, but want to check something on your phone without taking it off the desk and unplugging it from the USB port.
- You won’t have to plug in a separate USB dongle every time you want to connect Bluetooth with your computer – it will be included in the motherboard itself! This saves you some space and some hassle, so it’s definitely something worth looking out for when buying a new motherboard for any computer model.
- Motherboards come with built-in Bluetooth chips that can be used to transfer files between different devices (such as between your smartphone and laptop) without having to connect them separately first (for example by connecting them through USB). This means that no special peripherals need to be added. The process of transferring files between two devices is very fast too – much faster than using wired networking – so this feature will definitely make life easier and more convenient for those who are looking into wireless connectivity options.
- Bluetooth is a great way of connecting more than one device to your computer at the same time. If you have a desktop computer, you can connect your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to it through Bluetooth and use all of them at the same time. This is especially useful if you want to use all of these devices without having to take one off the desk and plugin it separately from the USB port every single time, for example when using an external hard drive or flash drive on your desktop.
- You can also use Bluetooth technology as a wireless connection for your mouse and keyboard if you have an older model that doesn’t come with a built-in Bluetooth adapter (for example some older models of laptops). If this is your case, make sure that your motherboard has built-in Bluetooth support so you can connect them wirelessly!
- Finally, this is definitely something that we should mention – although not as a benefit but rather as something worth keeping in mind – since most motherboards come with integrated Wi-Fi adapters nowadays, which means they feature both wired and wireless connectivity options! This means that if you buy a new motherboard with an integrated Wi-Fi adapter but do not need it (for example if you already have access to a fast wireless Internet connection), then keep it – it will save some money on buying an additional adapter!
How Do You Connect Bluetooth To A Motherboard?
For motherboards that come with Bluetooth, there are usually instructions included in the manual that came with it. This can vary depending on the board and manufacturer, so follow the instructions carefully. When you pair the computer and the Bluetooth device for the first time, you’ll be asked to enter a code or press a button on the Bluetooth device. Once you’ve done that, the devices should be paired and you can start using them.
Things To Consider Buying A Motherboard With Bluetooth
- Bluetooth is a wireless technology, which means that it can’t be used with wired devices (including USB).
- Bluetooth is typically only supported by newer motherboards, and older boards may not feature it.
- If you’re buying a new motherboard with an integrated Wi-Fi adapter included in the package, then make sure to check the motherboard manual to see if it also supports Bluetooth – some motherboards do come with integrated Wi-Fi adapters and only support one or the other.
- Since Bluetooth is wireless, it will consume some power – so make sure to check your motherboard specifications to see if it’s compatible with your power supply and case!
- Although most motherboards include integrated Wi-Fi adapters, you can always buy an additional adapter if you need one as well – especially if you have a laptop that doesn’t support built-in Wi-Fi.
Best Motherboard With Bluetooth
ASUS is a well-known brand when it comes to motherboards. Since the company has been around for over two decades, it’s no wonder that they have an extensive list of models that you can choose from.
The ASUS Z97-A is one of the best motherboards on the market. It has an 8-pin power connector for overclocking, which is rare among 8-pin motherboards at this price range. The board also features a powerful I/O shield that helps with routing cables and connecting external devices (such as USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps, and audio). This motherboard comes with USB 3.0 ports, which means you can transfer data to and from your computer faster than ever before! The design of this motherboard makes it look great and clean while it gives you extra space to install your devices inside the case. With its affordable price tag and high-performance features, this board is definitely one of our favorites!
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
The Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 is another product that we consider one of the best products on the market today in terms of performance and quality! This motherboard comes with a total of six SATA 6Gbps ports and four USB 3.0 connectors so you can connect multiple devices at once without any issues! When it comes to connectivity, this motherboard has everything covered: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Gigabit LAN, and more.
The GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 is also a great board for overclocking and has an 8-pin power connector which allows you to overclock your components. The motherboard also features the Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, which allows your CPU to run at higher clock speeds than the normal speed. It’s definitely one of our favorites!
MSI Z97I Gaming AC
The MSI Z97I Gaming AC is another inexpensive motherboard that’s worth considering when it comes to quality and performance! This motherboard comes with a total of eight USB 3.0 ports, four USB 2.0 ports (including two Type-A), and three SATA 6Gbps connectors so you can connect all your devices at once without any problems!
This board comes with the Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, which is one of the best features that you can get on motherboards today! The feature automatically boosts the clock speeds of your processor when it needs more power from it! We also love this motherboard because it includes everything you need: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and Gigabit LAN support for faster data transfers (even through wireless connections).
ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero
ASUS has been in business since 1987 so they know what they’re doing when it comes to creating quality products! The ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero is a great motherboard for overclockers and gamers because it has all the components you need to get the job done! This motherboard comes with a total of eight SATA 6Gbps connectors, six USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and Gigabit LAN support so you can connect to your network or play online without any problems! The board also comes with an 8-pin power connector which allows you to overclock your components and includes the Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 which allows your CPU to run at higher clock speeds than the normal speed! This motherboard is definitely one of our favorites!
ASRock Z97 Extreme6
ASRock has been in business since 1987 so they know what they’re doing when it comes to creating quality products as well! The ASRock Z97 Extreme6 is another great product from this company that gives you everything you need for a fast and reliable computer setup at an affordable price tag! It comes with six SATA 6Gbps connectors (including two eSATA), four USB 3.0 ports (two on the front panel), six USB 2.0 ports (all on the back panel), and two PCI Express x16 slot connectors for better connectivity options when it comes to connecting multiple devices together at once!
When shopping for a new motherboard, make sure to check the features list to see if it comes with built-in Bluetooth connectivity. This is an incredibly useful feature that’s becoming more and more common, so you shouldn’t have trouble finding a board that has it. When you’re shopping for a new motherboard, don’t forget to check the feature list to see if it has built-in Bluetooth connectivity. This is a very useful feature that’s becoming more and more common.