Are you looking for the best iPhone 6 waterproof pouch? If so, then you’re in the right place. We’ve compiled a list of the 10 best waterproof pouches for iPhones that will suit your needs and budget. These best iPhone 6 waterproof pouches are durable and reliable to use on your next fishing trip or day at the beach!
If You Are In A Hurry, Here Are The Suggested Waterproof Pouches for iPhones 6 For You:
Top 10 Best Waterproof Pouches for iPhones 6 Reviewed
Buying Guide For The Best Waterproof Pouches for iPhones 6
1. It’s easy to assume that all Waterproof Pouches are the same, but there are actually two different types of cases for phones
Dry bags and fully waterproof cases. Dry bags can be fully submerged in water (e.g.: swimming underwater with them), but they don’t protect against pressure. Fully waterproof cases, on the other hand, are tested to withstand water pressure.
2. What’s the difference between IPX8 and IP68?
Most Waterproof Pouches claim their protection level is either IPX8 or IPXX8 – but what exactly does that mean?
IP (Ingress Protection) is a rating system by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) for the environmental sealing of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies such as dirt or dust. It consists of two digits; the first digit refers to solid particle protection, while the second refers to liquid ingression. For example, an iPhone 5S box would have a rating of 60… which means it’s fully protected against dust and can be submerged in up to 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.
IPX8 is the highest protection level – it’s completely dust-tight, and protects against submersion beyond 1 meter (3.3 feet).
IP68 is similar to IPX8, except that it can withstand continuous immersion beyond 1 meter (3.3 feet) for more than 4 hours.
That means an iPhone 5S with an IP68 rating could stay underwater at depths of more than 3 meters without getting damaged!
So if you’re planning to snorkel with your phone, or go underwater on a dive, then you’ll need something stronger than a dry bag – get a fully waterproof case instead!
3. Will my phone still work with the waterproof pouch?
Most waterproof pouches use a special transparent membrane to protect your phone from water without letting it touch the actual case. This means you’ll have access to all buttons and ports while using it – except for the cover charging port on some iPhones. Depending on the model you get, however, some waterproof pouches may not allow you to use Touch ID while underwater so you might want to check out our selection of fully waterproof cases if that’s important.
4. Can I take pictures or videos underwater?
There are two different types of photo/video options available when snorkeling or scuba diving: Cameras installed on Waterproof Pouches and external waterproof cameras.
An underwater camera installed on your phone’s Waterproof Pouch is the ideal solution if you only want to take photos/videos with your iPhone 6 – it will allow you to keep both hands free, while still being able to preview your shots! However, note that the resolution of the images might be limited by how big the photo/video window is (photos/videos shot through a tiny hole don’t look good). If you plan on taking full-sized pictures, consider buying an external waterproof camera instead but either way, make sure you turn off HDR mode first so your pictures come out nice and sharp!
5. What should I do before using my new Waterproof Pouch?
Before using any waterproof pouch for the first time, you should test it at home first to make sure it’s not leaking.
The simplest way to do this is by putting a tissue inside and submerging it in water – if the tissue comes out completely dry, then so does your phone! If some moisture gets inside, however, just leave your phone inside until all the water evaporates before using it again. Once you’re certain that there are no leaks whatsoever after testing, you can go ahead and use it as usual!
3 Benefits Of Waterproof Pouches for iPhones 6
1. Waterproof iPhone bags provide protection against water and moisture without inhibiting functionality or screen responsiveness. This is great for travelers who use their iPhones to take pictures on vacation or business trips. The phone case does not need any extra assembly before it can be used; just slip the phone inside and close the zipper.
2. Many waterproof iPhone bags have an airtight design, which prevents the phone from being crushed or broken by water pressure underwater. This is great for scuba divers and snorkelers who want to shoot videos while swimming in the ocean or other bodies of water.
3. Waterproof iPhone cases are designed with sturdy materials that are specifically built to keep the equipment inside safe, dry, and functional throughout many years of usage. As a result, people can save money by investing in these products rather than replacing their phones every few years because they were destroyed while using them around water.
In the end, it’s all about what you want. We hope that by reading this article, you have a better idea of which waterproof pouch for the iPhone 6 is right for your needs and lifestyle. Let us know in the comments below if we were able to help!