If you have a child learning to tell time, then the best visual timer for kids may be just what they need! With this gadget, children will be able to see precisely which minutes and seconds are left. It also has a handy alarm clock with a snooze function that can wake them up in their best possible moods.
Here’s the shortlist to save your time
Top 8 Best Clock Radios To Wake Up To Reviewed
5 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Visual Timer For Kids
1. Visual size matters The size of the clock face is one thing that will determine whether it serves its purpose well enough. Make sure that the hands of the clock can be read clearly from across any distance. For example, if you are using it in a classroom or center, the hands should be big enough to see from both sides of the room so that the students can see the timer running without walking up close to it.
2. Timer length Also significant is how long your visual timer will last before its alarm goes off. Kids need shorter timers than adults because they lose track of time faster when playing or doing something that interests them. It’s best for student timers to go off every 20 minutes, while adults may find 30 minutes optimal for breaks between study sessions.
3. Learning opportunities Visual timers offer more learning opportunities than apps ue to their unique design and structure. To make sure children get the most out of their visual timers, make sure that the large clock face is easy to read. Also, make sure that there are no small pieces on the timer’s exterior that they might swallow by accident when trying to adjust it.
4. Power source Another thing to consider is how your child will be able to use their timer in different environments. For example, if they’ll need it in more than one place or situation, you may want a battery-powered option so that they can carry it around without worrying about finding an outlet nearby. If the visual timer will only be used at home or school during the class time an AC adapter would work just fine for powering it up each day.
5. Durability Finally, think about how durable the visual timer is. Kids will often play rough with toys and other accessories that they’re fond of, so a visual timer needs to last long enough to withstand frequent use. It should also be water-resistant or waterproof if the child likes to paint or gets splashed by someone else.
3 Advantages Of Visual Timer For Kids
1. Helps develop steady hand skills needed in math and science. Using a timer helps them grasp the concept that ‘hand on the clock is one minute long, not one second or two seconds. They can see they have four hands to cover before it’s done counting down. It develops that steady hand skill needed when they’re doing math problems and needing to grasp that steady hand.
2. Helps develop good eating habits in kids. Teaching a child how long it takes to eat and encouraging them to wait for these timings helps them learn how much food they need at each mealtime, and what’s too much or too little. This is also an early lesson for them on patience since the timer goes off so quickly!
Everyday use of visual timers is fun but if you are looking for special moments during family time, try this out: Have the kids see who can cover up all the hands first while still paying attention to dinner conversation. They get excited about winning this game which encourages healthy eating habits. Learning follows thru is another good thing to teach with the timer.
3. Encourages kids to save up their coins or chore money to buy one of these cool timers that have lots of different settings, music, and sounds. Check out some online stores to find a ‘cute’ visual timer you can all learn together.
To Wrap Up
There are many options out there for timers, but we’ve narrowed it down to the 8 best visual timers for kids. After reviewing each one and considering what other parents have said about them on Amazon, these were our favorites. We hope you find the right fit!