Swimming is a great way to get in shape, but it can be hard to find the best music when you are in the water. Luckily, there are radios made for this exact purpose! These radios will let you stream your favorite tunes while you swim or do other water sports. This article will talk about the 10 best swimming radios that allow you to listen to your tunes while enjoying the pool.
Here are the top 3 Swimming Radios to check at a glance if you are in a hurry:
Top 10 Best Swimming Radios Reviewed
Buying Guide For The Best Swimming Radios
1. Rechargeable vs. Disposable Batteries Swimming radios come in two flavors: rechargeable and disposable batteries. The choice is up to you, but we believe it can be a false economy to run on disposable batteries when decent rechargeable options are available at the same price point. Recharging is faster and more convenient than swapping out batteries in an emergency (this could be in the pool or the wild.) Look for a battery indicator light and make sure your charger comes with all of the necessary power adapters for charging from various international wall sockets, such as US/UK/European, etc.
2. Accessibility Running short of battery power is one thing, but not being able to find your radio when you need it is another. If they are hidden down at the bottom of your bag or jammed under towels on a sunbed, chances are you won’t hear them when someone calls for help. Look for sturdy, lanyard-style neck straps that attach easily to goggles and allow you to keep the radios in easy reach around your neck while still providing some level of security against accidental loss by snagging on something.
3. Ear Hangers Some swimming radios have ear hanger cords that stick out from your ears or head strap style bands that loop over the top of your head. This type isn’t great if you are planning any underwater activity, as these can get in the way of your snorkel. Also, this style can start to slip off if you are taking a dip in a current or with a strong surge of water going past your face.
4. Single or Dual-channel Radios Swimming radio channels have been standardized over the years, and there is no need for any confusion when it comes to selection. Most modern radios operate on either CH1 (27 MHz) or CH7 (68 MHz). If you know that you will be sharing your swimming area with other swimmers from time to time, look for a dual-channel radio which will allow multiple users without the possibility of interference between them.
5. Waterproof For obvious reasons, always check that what you’re buying is waterproof before you buy it. You’ll find that all of the radios in this review are waterproof up to a depth of 20 feet, but if for some reason you need more than this, then make sure that your radio is specifically designed to be used where you want to use it.
Why Do You Need Swimming Radios?
1) Swimmers Have A Greater Sense Of Well-Being: The very act of swimming induces the brain to release mood-enhancing chemicals into the body, which can then promote feelings of wellness and elevate overall states of happiness and contentment.
2) Swimmers Have A Greater Sense Of Socialization: Taking up swimming can make you feel comfortable in social situations. Part of this is because it’s easy to find like-minded people who also enjoy swimming, but even if you’re swimming solo, then there are still plenty of opportunities for meeting new people (your fellow swimmers at the pool, or maybe your coach). Furthermore, since most pools nowadays have a series of lanes specifically designated for faster swimmers, slower swimmers are left to their own devices and don’t have to worry about being slowed down by other competitors. This can give them greater peace of mind when they hit the water.
3) Swimming Can Improve Your Health And Wellness Over The Long Term: Swimming is an excellent activity for people with illnesses. Being in the water can help reduce pain and strengthen muscles, and it has even been suggested as a potential treatment option for those who have Parkinson’s disease. And this doesn’t just apply to patients – there are plenty of active individuals whose day-to-day lives have been improved thanks to swimming too.
After reading this blog post, you’ll have a better idea of which swimming radios are the best for streaming music if you’re looking to improve your poolside playlist or need some tunes while on vacation at the beach, these top 10 radios will help you get your groove on! Which was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.