The best router for an apartment is no more difficult to find than the best food for a toddler. You just need to know what you’re looking for and how it will best serve your needs. There are many options available, so we’ve narrowed it down to 10 of the best routers that would be perfect in an apartment setting. This list includes some affordable models as well as high-end ones that offer higher speeds and better security features.
Here’s The Shortlist To Save Your Time:
10 Best Routers for Apartment Available In The Market
5 Things You Must Know While Choosing The Best Routers for Apartment
1. The size of your apartment or house will dictate how far away from a WiFi access point you can be while still connecting wirelessly. If you have more than one floor in your home or apartment, you will need to make sure that wireless signals can travel from floor to floor without issue. Otherwise, you would need to use Ethernet cables for connectivity which could be straining your budget.
2. Not all manufacturers include the antennas, so it may be best to ask if they are included with the device. This will allow you to move the router around in order to find the most optimal location for signal strength throughout your home/apartment using WiFi. If possible, place your router in an area that is close or even inside of where most of your devices will be used (computer, gaming system, etc.). Some models have an external antenna connector which allows you to add larger antennas after purchasing them separately.
3. Most routers under $25 do not support dual-band functionality. This means that they will only broadcast at 2.4 GHz bands or 5 GHz bands but not both simultaneously. Other routers, such as the Linksys E2500 and WRT1900ACS support both simultaneously. The 2.4 GHz band has historically been more common but as technology improves, the 5 GHz band is becoming more standard. This allows people to use newer smartphones and tablets which only work with 5 GHz bands.
4. Before purchasing a router under $25, make sure there is a USB port for printer sharing or hard drive sharing (for file transfers and media streaming). If you already have other routers in your network, this should not be an issue but it’s important to know before buying any wireless adapters that will allow connection via Ethernet cables (for older gaming systems like Xbox 360 or Playstation 3).
5. Finally, ask yourself if the router you are looking to purchase has support in case there is a problem after the 30-day return policy ends. For physical stores, this is usually not an issue but online retailers tend to have more policies in place for ensuring customer satisfaction. I would recommend buying from Best Buy, Newegg, or Amazon when possible if their return policy does not deter you. If you are still hesitant about purchasing your own wireless router, renting is always an option!
Why Do You Need Routers For Apartment
1. First, it should be understood that there are two types of network systems in place- wired and wireless. Wired connections involve cables that connect computers directly to each other; wireless connections use radio waves for this purpose. Our focus here will primarily be on wireless potentials, as wired networks are much more complex than their counterpart. For now, let us simply say that they exist nonetheless and allow us to look at the benefits only within the scope of this article which is primarily about wire networks.
2. The benefits we will be discussing today primarily regard wireless systems and the routers that run them. A router is a device that handles signals between different networks, which means it can handle and regulate data in a variety of ways. Knowledge about wireless routers becomes necessary because they play an important role in our daily lives, though many people fail to understand this significance until they face one particular situation: signal interference.
3. Signal interference occurs when two or more signals encounter one another through space- multiple radio waves come together and create disruption in the original signal, thus interfering with it. When there are multiple devices emitting radio waves in close proximity to one another, the network itself becomes vulnerable to such signal interruption, making it harder for users to access the internet.
To Wrap Up
We’ve listed the top 10 best routers for apartments. If you need a router but don’t know which one to go with, our list will help point you in the right direction! Check out these amazing options and order your new router today before supplies run out! Which Routers for Apartment do you like?