There are many best mp3 players for cars on the market today, so it can be difficult to decide which one is best. To help you make an informed decision, we have put together a list of the 8 best MP3 players for cars that will suit all budgets and needs.
3 Best MP3 Player for Cars Comparison
Top 8 Best MP3 Player for Cars Reviewed
5 Things You Must Know While Choosing The Best MP3 Player for Cars
1. Will this MP3 Player play CDs?
The first thing anyone should do when looking for a new MP3 player determines if they even need one. Does your car have a cassette or CD player? If so, then it may not be necessary to buy an additional device. In automotive CD players, CDs will typically last for about ten years before the laser begins to dim. However, when choosing between a CD player and an MP3 player, it usually comes down to preference.
2. What kind of space do I need?
When buying a music player, you need to determine how much space you need or want. If there’s a chance that you will be spending a lot of time in the car and have an excellent sound system, then it is probably worth purchasing a larger unit. On the other hand, if your car is older and doesn’t have a premium sound system, then something smaller may suffice. In any case, make sure whatever device you buy can hold all of your songs.
3. Headphone Jacks
If the people riding in your vehicle plan on using headphones while listening to their own music, having at least one headphone jack available goes without saying. Even though some devices come with built-in speakers, they are often not loud enough to drown out the engine. If you are buying a device with only one jack, make sure to purchase headphones that are capable of being plugged into the same spot at the same time.
4. Extra Features
Many modern MP3 players for cars come with added features that can be beneficial. For example, if your car has Bluetooth, then it is advisable to buy an MP3 player that supports this technology as well. This way, it will be easier to answer calls and give commands through voice recognition software on some machines. Other useful features include hands-free control via touch screen or steering wheel controls so you never have to take your eyes off the road while adjusting music volume or changing songs. Also, check to see what kind of memory each model has available.
5. Price Range
We recommend purchasing the best MP3 player for your car that fits within your budget. Premium brands often have a higher price tag, but they are usually more durable and may have better customer service in case there’s an issue with the device. If you’re purchasing an older model or a brand that doesn’t have a great reputation, then it might be safer to buy from a well-known retailer to ensure it is no defective machine. In any case, make sure whatever device you choose can work with whatever automotive electronics you already own. By considering these five factors before making an investment in an MP3 player for cars, you will ensure that you make the right purchase choice. Since sound systems vary among different makes and models, make sure whatever machine you choose is compatible with your car’s existing equipment. With this information in mind, we hope our article helped you determine what to look for when buying an MP3 player for cars.
Why Do You Need an MP3 Player for Cars
1) You can have more music on one device than you could fit on a CD. The average song is about four minutes long when played through good speakers, and about eight minutes when played through headphones (which most cars don’t even come with anymore). A standard CD can hold anywhere from 17-24 songs depending on the compression level used by the encoding program. That means that if you do not use any sort of compression at all, you can only fit five CDs into the storage space available in your modern mid-size sedan.
2) You can choose your favorite songs to play on-demand, instead of listening to whatever the DJ spins. Have you ever gone to a restaurant, only to be treated with an excruciatingly horrible song when all you wanted was some background noise? That has surely happened to most people, and it can even happen in your car if you don’t have an MP3 player! When the radio gets old, just pop in that CD or USB device with your favorite music on it and enjoy the sound of sweet silence once again.
3) The size is so much smaller than a traditional CD player. For example, in my car, I used to have a bulky thing sticking out of one of the visors in front of me which was the CD player. This took up a big part of my limited field of view. The same thing can be said for those who have a car with a built-in DVD or tape player, as their size is often much larger than what one might need. Not only can an MP3 player take up less space, but it could also be mounted into your dashboard so that it takes even less room from you.
We’ve done the research and found 8 of the best MP3 players for cars on the market. There are many different types to choose from, so it can be hard to find one that suits your needs. Whether you want a compact player or something with more features, we have what you need! Which is your favorite? Let me know in the comments section below!