The best motherboards for the AMD FX 6300 are important to have in order to be able to build a computer with this CPU. We will go over the ten best motherboards that are compatible with this popular CPU, which you can then compare and decide on what is best for your needs.
Are You Searching For The Motherboards for the AMD FX 6300 Within A Short Time, Then The Table Is For You:
10 Best Motherboards for the AMD FX 6300 Reviewed
- Intel Core processor and graphics card
- Solid-state drive for fast booting and quick in-game loading
- Supports up to 32GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory
- Dedicated sound card with SupremeFX technology
The ROG Strix B550-F Gaming is a mid-tower gaming PC that’s ready to go. It has all the essentials, including an Intel Core processor and graphics card, plus a solid-state drive for fast booting and quick in-game loading. The motherboard supports up to 32GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory for reliable performance when you’re playing games or editing video. The ROG Strix B550-F Gaming also comes with a dedicated sound card to deliver immersive audio performance and features SupremeFX technology for crystal clear audio and improved recording quality.
- Supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Intel Z370 Express Chipset
- 4 DIMMs, Dual Channel DDR4-3200(OC)/2933(OC)/2667/2400/2133 MHz
- 2-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & 3-Way AMD CrossFireX™
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 Connector
- HDMI, DVI-D & DisplayPort
MSI B550M Gaming motherboard is designed to provide gamers the best gaming experience through its unique design, sound, and graphics card. MSI B550M Gaming motherboards are packed with features such as a new BIOS GUI that’s easy to use and OC Genie 4 technology that allows you to overclock your system with just one click. The latest MSI Z370 Motherboard lineup includes two models: the Z370-A PRO and Z370 SLI PLUS.
- Dedicated M.2 slot with Type 22110 PCIe x4 support
- Dual PCIe® 3.0 x16 slots (supports x16/x0 or x8/x8 mode)
- Powered by AMD Ryzen™ 2 AM4 processors to maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, and gigabit LAN
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard with M.2 heatsink, Aura Sync RGB, and DDR4 3600MHz support for AMD Ryzen processors is designed to provide gamers the best gaming experience. It features a new UEFI BIOS, improved overclocking capability, and enhanced cooling performance. This model also has a dedicated M.2 slot that supports up to Type 22110 PCIe x4 SSDs so you can enjoy transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps.
- Excellent VRM design
- Great BIOS
- Supports overclocking
- Two M.2 slots
- Four SATA 6Gbps ports
- Eight USB 3.1 Gen1 ports (including one type-C)
The Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H is the newest addition to Gigabyte’s A320 series motherboards. With a focus on quality, stability, and compatibility it offers a solid foundation for your next PC build. The motherboard supports AMD AM4 socket-based processors with up to 3200 MHz DDR4 memory speed and delivers improved performance over previous generations. It features two PCIe Gen3 x16 slots for multi GPU setups which deliver smooth gaming performance in 4K resolutions.
- Supports overclocking
- Two M.2 slots
- Four SATA 6Gbps ports
The Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro is the best motherboard for Ryzen 2nd gen and 1st gen processors. It features an excellent VRM design, a great BIOS, and supports overclocking. The board comes with two M.2 slots, four SATA 6Gbps ports, eight USB 3.1 Gen1 ports (including one type-C), dual-channel DDR4 memory support up to 3600 MHz, and integrated RGB lighting with a choice of effects to add some style to your build.
- On-board Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Provides wireless connectivity for streaming, gaming, and more.
- RGB lighting: Customize the look of your system with RGB lighting.
- Extended warranty: MSI offers a 3-year extended warranty on this motherboard.
The MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen is the best way to enjoy high-end gaming. This motherboard supports 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4. The MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen come equipped with M.2 Shield Frozr technology that delivers better heat dissipation using a special heat spreader in order to keep your system cool while you are running games or working on other intense.
- Supports the new “Zen” multi-core processors from AMD
- 10GB DDR4 RAM capacity
- 8 memory slots
- 2 PCI Express x16 slots with three different speeds, one of which doubles as an M2 slot for SSDs.
ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI is the latest generation of ASUS Workstation Motherboards. It is based on an AMD X399 chipset and supports the new “Zen” multi-core processor technology from AMD. The motherboard has a 10GB DDR4 RAM capacity, 8 memory slots, and 2 PCI Express x16 slots with three different speeds, one of which doubles as an M2 slot for SSDs.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation/Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors and AMD A-series / Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for Socket AM4
- M.2 Shield FROZR: Onboard M.2 thermal solution to keep your SSDs cool
- Mystic Light Extension: Customize RGB lighting with MSI Mystic Light software and sync it with other RGB components
- AMD X570 Chipset: The latest chipset for the AM4 platform
- Extended Heatsink Design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design keep CPU temperatures cool even when under heavy load
MSI’s X570 GAMING PLUS motherboard is ready for AMD Ryzen processors and 7th Gen A-series / Athlon processors. It features the powerful AMD X570 Chipset, which provides a solid foundation for your gaming system. The MSI X570 GAMING PLUS motherboard supports up to 64GB of DDR4 memory with speeds of 3200MHz (OC). It also comes with M.2 Shield FROZR cooling technology and a stylish Mystic Light Extension design that will make your PC stand out from the crowd.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 2nd and 3rd Generation/Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 3466(OC) MHz
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Turbo M.2, AMD StoreMI technology
- Core Boost: With a premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance
- DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- EZ Debug LED: The easiest way to troubleshoot
MSI’s Pro Series motherboards are geared toward users looking for performance, features, and reliability at a great price. Based on the AMD B450 chipset, this ATX motherboard comes with an M.2 slot that supports PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs, two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, and eight SATA 6Gbps connectors for fast data transfer.
- Supports 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for Socket AM4
- Supports ddr4 memory, up to 3466+(OC) MHz
- Turbo M.2: Running at PCI-e gen3 x4 maximizes performance for NVME based SSDS
- EZ debug led
- Core Boost: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores.
MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen Supports 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for Socket AM4 Supports ddr4 memory, up to 3466+(OC) MHz Turbo M.2: Running at PCI-e gen3 x4 maximizes performance for NVME based SSDS Ez debug led Easiest way to troubleshoot Core Boost With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores.
4 Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Motherboards for the AMD FX 6300
1. Research your board!
Unless you’re truly rolling up your sleeves and doing some serious research on things like overclocking, knowing what to look for can be difficult. The main thing is to make sure your board has all the interfaces you need and that it’s got enough of each type ( USB 2.0, SATA III, etc.) for everything you’ll be plugging in.
2. Know where speed matters!
If you’re not going to be doing any serious overclocking, then a Z68 chipset or better is going to work just fine – provided that there are enough USB 2.0 ports and PCI lanes on the motherboard itself. Some motherboards have low-bandwidth controllers built into their chipsets which may not allow SLI/Crossfire graphics cards when using onboard video output from one card when utilizing an add-in graphics card. If this isn’t clear, don’t worry – it’s not necessary to understand this for most users!
3. Know what your processor wants!
AMD FX processors are generally more forgiving than Intel when it comes to motherboards, but they still have a few specific requirements of their own. There is a big difference between a “Socket 940” board and a “Socket AM2+” board, so make sure you know which your system uses before going out on a shelf-hunting expedition. A full list of supported AMD sockets can be found here.
If you’re planning on overclocking the new FX 6300 CPU, then you’re going to want some patience as well as some common sense. These processors don’t exactly need a new motherboard to overclock them, but if you’re going to be spending $100+ on one component of your PC, you don’t want it to burn out after the first overclocking attempt!
3 Advantages Of Motherboards for the AMD FX 6300
1. Size Matters
First off, you will need to consider what size motherboard you need. A standard desktop motherboard has an ATX form factor which measures 305 mm x 244 mm or 12 in x 9.6 in. A micro-ATX board is smaller measuring 244mm x 220mm or about 9 in x 8 in. If space is a problem for your computer case then going with a micro-ATX mainboard may be the way to go. These compact boards have most of the functionality of the larger version, such as SATA ports and high-speed USB connectors without requiring a lot of surface space.
2. Chipset Branding Matters
Another important consideration is what chipset your motherboard uses. The chipset handles crucial operations between all components on the computer including the CPU, GPU, memory, and storage devices. The AM3+ chipset is a staple for AMD builds because it provides stability at a competitive price point. It has been around so long that there are many compatibilities with third-party software to help manage different hardware configurations. So if you have an older build this may be the best choice for longevity sake, still today. In fact, you can even put in a six-core FX 6300 or FX 8350 processor into an AM3+ motherboard to give your system a boost.
3. AMD Motherboard Compatibility Matters
The FX 6300 has eight x86 cores clocked at 3.5 GHz, 12MB L2 cache, and 4MB of L3 cache. It is the first native eight-core chip for the company’s AM3+ lineup. The AMD FX 6300 is inexpensive (under $100), unlocked for easy overclocking, cool running, and very power efficient; all necessary factors in deciding what brand motherboard should be purchased.
The Last Line
You’ve seen our top 10 best Motherboards for the AMD FX 6300. Now it’s time to vote on your favorite! Share your own personal favorites in the comments below.