The best magnetic phone cases are the best way to protect your device from drops and scratches. If you’re like me, you drop your phone on a weekly basis. It’s not something that I’m proud of, but it happens! The best magnetic phone cases will keep your device safe and secure without compromising its look or feel.
Here is the shortlist to save your time:
Top 9 Best Magnetic Phone Cases Reviewed
Buying Guide For The Best Magnetic Phone Cases
1) Magnets have negative effects on battery life.
Phones are being made with ever more high-powered batteries that require highly efficient chipsets, which mean less power drain. The problem is that magnets use their power source, draining it even when not, including when your phone is in your purse, pocket, or on the table. Magnetic phone cases that are too powerful can drain your battery in just an hour or two—a few examples include CableJive’s MagJacket, iFrogz’ Powerbag for iPhone 6/6 Plus, and Moshi’s DX Magnetics.
2) Phone Cases with Magnets may interfere with other functions.
There are many things in our lives that use magnets to function—credit card swipes, compasses, door locks, etc. These magnetic fields can cause interference in sensitive electronic devices like smartphones, making it difficult to hear calls when using headphones because of magnetic interference with the mic/speaker transition wires. Even digital cards often don’t work properly near a strong magnet.
3) The more powerful the magnets, the better they work.
A mediocre magnetic phone case will hold your phone on a metallic car bumper but won’t be able to hold it if there’s anything between you and the car (like your leg or pants pocket). Magnetic phone cases that include two or more magnets will perform much better than those with only one. Think of it this way: would you rather have a single strand of spaghetti holding up your meatball or four? A stronger magnet not only performs better and holds your phone securely but also works faster and has less chance of dropping your device!
4) Magnets can affect credit cards/ID/transponders by making them unreadable.
When trying to swipe your credit card through checkout counters, for example, the magnet in your phone cover may not only fail to register but block the magnetometer that allows it to be read by the checkout machine. This means that you could end up chasing down a package of gum while the rest of your groceries (and money) are stuck inside! Even worse is when magnetic fields interfere with electronic toll collection transponders like EZ Pass. If you place your phone against an EZ Pass terminal, even if it’s in standby mode, you could receive unexpected charges on your account or get stuck paying cash at every toll until you replace the pass.
5) Just because a case has magnets doesn’t mean you can stick it to everything.
Magnetic phone cases that aren’t very strong will only work with metal surfaces (or other magnetic case surfaces) without magnets of their own. If you want to attach it to a metallic shopping cart, car bumper, or anything else, make sure the case has powerful enough magnets; otherwise, you risk dropping your phone!
Benefits Of Magnetic Phone Cases
1. Magnetic Phone Cases keep you safe from harmful EMF (electromagnetic field) radiation that gets emitted by phones 24 hours a day! If you’re not using one, then you could be seriously damaging yourself or anyone else who carries the device around with them.
2. Magnetic Phone Cases contain magnets that generate negative ions and keep your body healthy. Any time you can get more of these ions in the air, such as by using a product like an ionic foot bath or installing indoor plants, you’ll notice a boost in energy levels and better protection against stress and anxiety.
3. A magnetic phone case will help ease muscle pain and tension due to poor circulation caused by carrying around your mobile device all day long. If your arms feel sore when you wake up in the morning, this is because sleeping on them at night presses against nerves and causes fatigue throughout the whole system. It’s not just that you need to work out more often; it’s something much simpler. Just strap on a magnetic phone case, and you’ll feel the benefits immediately. Imagine being pain-free every day just by having a little metal plate next to your skin. You can thank us later after you’ve had a few days of total relief from everything that’s been weighing on your body lately.
The Bottom Line
With so many magnetic phone cases on the market, it can be hard to choose just one. In this article, we’ll cover some of our favorite products, as well as give you a few tips for finding your perfect case. Check out our top picks and let us know which is your favorite!