Snowball fights are a winter tradition, and the best snowball is always the one that wins. So, what makes the best snowball? In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss everything you need to know about snowballs in order to create the ultimate weapon for your next battle!
3 Best Blue snowball Comparison
8 Best Blue snowball Available In The Market
5 Things You Must Know While Choosing The Best Blue snowball
1. Some interfaces will need preamps. the first thing you should know if you’re looking into getting a microphone with your interface is that most of them do NOT have phantom power by default. Phantom power means that the microphone gets its power from the interface rather than having an onboard battery or being plugged into a wall outlet. If your interface doesn’t have phantom power then you’ll need either an audio interface with phantom power capabilities or what’s called a preamp.
A preamp provides phantom power to the mic so that it can run without batteries or being plugged in. Blue’s snowball itself doesn’t need a preamp since it comes with one built-in, however, you will still need an interface that provides enough power for the mic to work. If your interface isn’t powerful enough then you’ll need a separate preamp.
2. Consider doing research on audio interfaces and buying used Audio interfaces that aren’t cheap and if you’re just starting out as a podcaster they might be more than what you want to spend on your first microphone. In this case, I recommend getting a used audio interface instead of a new one since they come with all cables necessary, are tested by previous owners, and generally go at a cheaper price point. You can then pair it with a preamp (which won’t be necessary for the snowball) and you’ll save some money overall.
3. Consider getting a smaller diaphragm condenser microphone If you’re only recording yourself, or doing solo work on your podcast, I recommend checking out Blue’s less expensive microphone: The Blue Mic Nessie. It has the same capsule technology and comes in at around half the size and weight. It’s also compatible with their Snowball stand which makes recording easy since all you need to do is place it on top of your desk. If however you podcasting with someone else then using one mic instead of two might get awkward depending on where one person is sitting compared to another. If you don’t have a whole lot of room to work with, then consider getting the snowball since it doesn’t take up as much space.
4. Consider getting a hyper-cardioid microphone instead of a shotgun microphone for podcasting Shotgun microphones is great for those who want to record in noisy places without picking up too much background noise from behind them. However, if you’re recording yourself by yourself or perhaps in a quiet studio environment then I recommend having the snowball as your main mic and using a hyper-cardioid microphone as your secondary backup. Hyper-cardioid mics pick up less sound from areas other than where they’re pointed and because of that, they also work better when someone else is sitting away from you because they pick up less of their voice compared to the snowball.
5. Consider getting a shock mount too Quadruple check that there are no pop filters in the shot before publishing this article You can’t go wrong with buying Blue’s snowballs stand which comes with its own custom shock-mount. Other shock mounts will work but you need to make sure they don’t interfere with your interface or preamps. I recommend avoiding cheapo universal ones and instead of looking for one made specifically for shotgun microphones since it’ll be easier to make sure everything works together. That about wraps this article up! The Blue Snowball is an incredible microphone that will impress both you and your listeners for years to come, especially if you end up using it as your main recording microphone and a hyper-cardioid as your backup. If you found this article helpful, feel free to leave any feedback or questions in the comments section below! -TheRadioActivist
Why Do You Need Blue snowball?
1. focus on your feed
When feeling stressed or overwhelmed, one of the best remedies you can try is mindfulness. If mindfulness includes using a feed, it’s a win-win! Blue tones throughout feeds and on profile pages have been shown to increase memory retention. This means when you’re following news outlets, reading reports from companies on which you might want to invest capital, or scrolling through your social media feed on your lunch break, seeing items with shades of blue may help keep track of what you’ve read and make it easier for you to recall information later. In fact, research suggests that blue’s effectiveness in studying may be due to its ability to quell anxiety.
2. turn to blue after traumatic events
Whether it’s natural disasters like earthquakes or hurricanes, terrorist attacks, gun violence, or sexual assault, traumatic events can leave people feeling shaken and upset. However, studies indicate that seeing blue-hued images afterward can help people who’ve experienced trauma take back control over their feelings. One study found that after women saw images of nature dotted with blue (in comparison to other colors), they reported feeling more powerful and having less fear. So if you’re struggling after seeing coverage of a tragic event (and keeping up with the news cycle is making things worse), try turning your screen to shades of blue to help you calm down.
3. sleep on IT
Getting a good night’s sleep can be a challenge if you’re not used to it or if your schedule is erratic, but blue tones in dark settings have been found to promote relaxation and make it easier for the brain to switch from active mode to sleep mode. Once you hit the pillow, sleeping in total darkness can also help circadian rhythms function properly, thereby increasing your overall quality of rest. So snuggle up with a comfy blanket and eye mask that includes shades of blue!
So, what’s the verdict? What is the best Blue snowball? Well, that all depends on your needs. If you want a machine that can do it all, then the Blue snowball iCE is probably your best bet. But if you don’t need all of those bells and whistles or are looking for a more affordable option, either the Blue snowball or the Snowball 2 will work just fine. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference – so which one do you like best?