3D scanning is best done with a high-quality camera. There are many phones that have this capability, but we’ve compiled a list of the best 3D scanners for your mobile device. This will help you make an informed decision when shopping for your next phone!
Here’s The Shortlist To Save Your Time:
10 Best 3D Scanning Phone Available In The Market
5 Things You Must Know While Choosing The Best 3D Scanning Phone
3D scanning technology is rapidly advancing while becoming more affordable at the same time. For example, in 2010 the Structure Sensor was released by Occipital for $400 on its second-generation product which worked with Apple iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads. In 2013 they announced their third-generation model that would work on all Apple products running iOS7 or higher for only $150.
2. Is the device easy to use?
The great 3D scanning technology will be simple to use by all members of your family or team on its first day on the market. You want to choose one that is plug-and-play so you can start scanning right away without having to tinker with it. Some people might want more advanced functions but they shouldn’t be necessary on the first day out of the box. If there are advanced functions then be prepared to learn how they work beforehand if you plan on using them regularly.
What will make it easy for everyone to use is the scanner’s software. It has to be user-friendly and intuitive. There should be a help guide or tutorial videos to get you started right away.
3. Compatibility with other devices
Not all 3D scanners are compatible with all devices. You might want to consider what you plan on using the scanner for before making your purchase. If you’re just wanting to scan objects occasionally then almost any scanner will do. But if you’re wanting to scan people or animals regularly, then you’ll need a scanner that is compatible with your device’s operating system as well as software that you might be used for post-processing. For example, the Structure Sensor for iOS mentioned earlier works with a variety of apps for both 3D printing and 3D animation.
4. Accuracy and resolution
The higher the accuracy and resolution of a scanner, the more it will cost. As with all technology, there is a tradeoff between quality and cost. It’s up to you to decide how accurate you need your scans to be for your project. This is especially important for smaller objects where even 0.5 mm can make a big difference in the final product.
5. Community support
Last but not least, make sure that you have support from the manufacturer or community if something goes wrong with your purchase. Sometimes things do go wrong on their own or due to wear over time. Here are some examples of issues that might affect scanners.
Why Do You Need a 3D Scanning Phone?
1. When it comes to creating a perfect product, accuracy and detail are key. With traditional methods of design, it can be difficult to achieve the level of precision necessary for high-quality products. 3D scanning phones can capture incredibly accurate images and videos of objects, which means that any errors or imperfections can be identified and corrected much more easily. This results in products that look better and perform better than those created with traditional methods.
2. Another advantage of 3D scanning phones is that they can speed up the design modification process. When a designer needs to make changes to a product, they typically have to create a new model and test it to see how it performs. With 3D scanning, this process can be shortened significantly. The designer can simply scan the existing product, make the desired modifications, and then test the new design immediately. This can save time and effort, which can be critical in cases where deadlines need to be met.
3. Finally, 3D scanning phones can help companies use resources more efficiently. By capturing images of objects from all angles, 3D scanning makes it possible to create digital models that can be used for manufacturing and production purposes. This eliminates the need for physical prototypes, which can save both time and money. The models created with 3D scanning can even be used to further automate certain aspects of the design and manufacturing process, which increases efficiency all around.
To Wrap Up
If you’re looking for the best 3D scanning phone, take a look at our list of 10. From phones with built-in sensors to all-new technology that scans your face, we’ve got something for everyone here! Which one will be perfect for you?